Thread: HTC Trophy

Feedback Score

HTC Trophy

I have been waiting for a such a long time for something like this from HTC. This made my day.

Carrier(s)
    Fido | Roam Mobility | T-Mobile UK |
    Feedback Score
    The QWERTY bar market for WinMo phones has all but disappeared. Partly because the market is disappearing as everyone is moving to Android. So happy to see this too - although not impressed with Qualcomm processor @ 600Mhz (cmon, I had a Samsung Epix @ 624mhz two years ago!) nor the 3G bands listed at 900/2100 - which means no N. American HSPA until some time after release, if at all!
    Current Devices:

Sony xperia z3 compact 16GB + 64GB MicroSD locked BL
    Fido Galaxy S4 i337m
    Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" 2013 i7 2.8Ghz
    iPad Mini Retina 32GB Wi-Fi

Fido plans
    2x $56/mth unlimited everything + 2GB data
    1x $35/mth 5GB data-only plan

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Great form factor all but destroyed by the usual crappy qualcomm processor. Maybe HTC has shares in qualcomm?
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Not interested at all! Yet another example of how the iPhone has caused the mobile phone market to de-evolve in efficiency in favor of looking cool.

First, lets get rid of d-pads and hardware softkeys that made one-hand navigation possible. Lets go backwards to having to use both hands to use the darn phone.

And now, all the newer devices have to be large and unpocketable. Soon, we'll be carrying bricks again with the thick batteries that will be required to power those big, flashy touchscreens.

Device(s)
    Yo Momma's Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Best Compromise between Price & Service
    Feedback Score
    Hate to break it to ya, but this has a big, flashy 3" capacitive touchscreen too.
    CDMA - a great technology, hobbled by greedy carriers and a closed business model. Its a pity, really.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do you want to prevent your carrier from changing your plan on you even while you're in contract? Complain to the FCC about Sprint terminating contracts here: A short complaint form at the FCC: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=&id=d1e408

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Larson
    Hate to break it to ya, but this has a big, flashy 3" capacitive touchscreen too.
    Looks great, but the lack of Dpad (or equivalent) is still a deal breaker for me.

3.5" headphone jack, capacitive screen- they came sooooo close but lost it with the dpad.

After all these years of compromising, I've decided not to buy another device until it has a 3.5" jack, video-out, autofocus camera, AWS (T-Mo 3G), VGA, and a dpad.
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier(s)
    Fido | Roam Mobility | T-Mobile UK |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec
    Looks great, but the lack of Dpad (or equivalent) is still a deal breaker for me.

3.5" headphone jack, capacitive screen- they came sooooo close but lost it with the dpad.

After all these years of compromising, I've decided not to buy another device until it has a 3.5" jack, video-out, autofocus camera, AWS (T-Mo 3G), VGA, and a dpad.
    I think if kinetic scrolling is pervasive throughout the OS (running Sense, I guess), it might not be so bad. To me, the hardware issues (processor, NAM 3G) are more pressing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I like it. I can definitely deal with a trackball. This may be one phone I buy sans 3G.
    EDIT: I guess it's just a great PhotoShop attempt. Nice work.
    Last edited by nextel1996; 01-30-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Device(s)
    LG- IQ
    Carrier(s)
    Telus.Hspa
    Feedback Score
    Thats fairly serious looking equipment.

I like!

Though, Since getting my IQ, i had to rid myself of chargers an stock up on Villager's to feed the Dragon inside. I'd hate to have ditch their feed an stables an such just to go back to chargers again...

We need standardized villager' charging ability!!!

Come on HTC, Qualcomm up for the masses huh

WR
    LG IQ HSPA Edmonton
    Need some extra help with your LG Expo/IQ?
    Try LG-Expo/IQ For Tips & Tweaks. Home of the Tweaker App for LG IQ's an Expo's.