Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Official Casio Rock Release Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung S2 SGH i-777
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Rock

Dave,
    Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to do those things. Will ask my kid how to do it

Feedback Score
    Anybody know how to make the background pic show up on the entire screen? If I take a pic and want to SET AS background it has stripes on the top and bottom and looks horrible. Do i need to adjust resolution or something?

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to say after having the Boulder I had to return my Rock. The sounds is just too low on both ends. Ebay'ed a Boulder and now happy again.

No one else has this prob?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Back to the Boulder? Thats like skipping your ticket on the Hindenburg in favor of a cruise on the Titanic.

I really wish Casio knew how to make a phone. They build excellent housings, but jesus, everything else is crap.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    G'zone Rock
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Hacks

Anyone have "Hacks' for the rock?

Thanks for you time
    LP Engine 42

Device(s)
    No preference
    Feedback Score

My conclusion of this phone after 4 months of usage

Ok, I gave great thumbs-up to this phone when my wife and I purchased 2 of these back in February.

We have done lots of hikes, used it on our remote property for a few months now. As far as the ruggedness of these phones - a HUGE plus. They have been under a rain, some seriously cold weather. My phone experienced a drastic fall... Very good construction and design of the phone.

Except for a "few" things:

The buttons on the left side are pushed too many times (not on purpose) and the software starts-up without you knowing. Except when you pull it out of a pocket and learning that there were 2000 steps already counted. Huh?..

Hard to adjust the volume when you speaking to someone - have to pull it away from your ear in a midst of an important conversation to locate the volume buttons.

Firmware... It LAGs... The lagging part is what makes this phone almost useless waiting to catch-up with you. I'm not talking about Internet or text messanging. I'm talking about "regular" use of the phone - it takes sometimes 10+ seconds to actually hang-up the call before making another one. Sometimes dialing a number results in waiting for 5-10 seconds and without dial tone - connected. Something is not right...

The whole intention was to purchase these phones and NOT use Internet, text, but calls and sometimes apps. But we can't rely on these ones anymore...

Perhaps it has to be flushed (or cleaned-up) - not sure...

Anyways - we are returning these phones next week.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushin2 View Post
    Firmware... It LAGs... The lagging part is what makes this phone almost useless waiting to catch-up with you. I'm not talking about Internet or text messanging. I'm talking about "regular" use of the phone - it takes sometimes 10+ seconds to actually hang-up the call before making another one. Sometimes dialing a number results in waiting for 5-10 seconds and without dial tone - connected. Something is not right...

The whole intention was to purchase these phones and NOT use Internet, text, but calls and sometimes apps. But we can't rely on these ones anymore...

Perhaps it has to be flushed (or cleaned-up) - not sure...

Anyways - we are returning these phones next week.

It's a shame about the software lag. Hopefully they rectify that with the next phone in the GzOne flip line. firedak in another thread let me know about a new GzOne c751 going through the FCC right now. I don't know what it is though...hopefully an updated flip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAM View Post
    It's a shame about the software lag. Hopefully they rectify that with the next phone in the GzOne flip line. firedak in another thread let me know about a new GzOne c751 going through the FCC right now. I don't know what it is though...hopefully an updated flip.
    sounds cool to me.I love the rock probably will never use any other phone.

Feedback Score
    So the lag issue is really starting to annoy me! Is it possible to maybe clean out the phone of useless things for example Apps, factory photos, etc. Not sure if this is possible but maybe it would free up some memory? anybody know? I have all my photos saved on sd card so i really don't have anything saved to the phone memory. The phone wasn't this slow in the beginning it is progressively getting slower and i have no idea why!!?

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew.D View Post
    So the lag issue is really starting to annoy me! Is it possible to maybe clean out the phone of useless things for example Apps, factory photos, etc. Not sure if this is possible but maybe it would free up some memory? anybody know? I have all my photos saved on sd card so i really don't have anything saved to the phone memory. The phone wasn't this slow in the beginning it is progressively getting slower and i have no idea why!!?
    Try removing your card, or move your stuff over to the phones memory. With my boulder the phone starts to get slow when my card starts to get full.

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushin2 View Post
    My conclusion of this phone after 4 months of usage ...

...Anyways - we are returning these phones next week.
    After 4 months, who are you returning them to?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aRBy View Post
    Try removing your card, or move your stuff over to the phones memory. With my boulder the phone starts to get slow when my card starts to get full.
    Why would moving stuff from the card to the phone help? that doesn't make much sense....

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why would moving stuff from the card to the phone help? that doesn't make much sense....
    like I said, when the card in my boulder starts to get full if I remove it the phone goes back to “normal”. or if I move the contents over to the phone the same, what do you got to loose? just give it a try.

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is another thing I just noticed with the Exilim. With that I can use wallpapers that are stored on the card. If I set too big of a wallpaper that’s stored on the card the phone get really slow. If I move that same image over to the phones memory, it speeds back up.

I know this was not the Rock, but it is another Casio phone, and they all seem to respond the same.

Feedback Score
    Good idea! that might be the problem. I will switch it to a factory wallpaper and see if that works. Thanks

Edit: Damn I thought it would work. Still the same. Turns out the wallpaper i was running was only 17kb which is alot less than the factory wall papers that are 150kb. I have taken out the card as well and still no progress. O well thanks for the tips.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast