Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Official Casio Rock Release Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung S2 SGH i-777
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Manual

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Rock -- C731M040
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I've had my Rock for a couple weeks now.

I have my Text's grouped by person and when I try to use the quick reply feature... My T9 doesn't start till the second letter. I can hit space and then start typing and it works, but annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

PS- (putting the SD card behind the battery makes me angry)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaput87
    So I've had my Rock for a couple weeks now.

I have my Text's grouped by person and when I try to use the quick reply feature... My T9 doesn't start till the second letter. I can hit space and then start typing and it works, but annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
    this was put on the product issue log by myself. It is supposed to be fixed in next maintenance release.

Device(s)
    Rock -- C731M040
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    sweetness

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For those of you who say the Boulder isn't tough enough, here's a story that prove otherwise. So I dropped the Boulder getting out of the truck (had it on my lap) parked on a main street. Of course I didn't know it when it happend and didn't realize it was gone until I got home. Backtracked my steps and went back to where I was parked. No phone!

Somewhere else? "Can't be", the last time I saw it was here. So I start walking up the street, maybe it got hit by a car. About 100' up, I see this little black thing in the middle of the street. Relieved for about a pico second after realizing what must have brought my dear phone so far from where I was orignially parked, I wait for traffic to clear and grab it.

Thinking the phone might be squished or parts falling off or missing, the Boulder was still in one piece, with only scratches and little indentations. But the screen's dead--cracked by I'm sure was the pressure between some Semi's (I pictured a semi) gigantic tire and the protruding shape of the extended battery.

BUT.........the thing still worked. Still dials, speed dials, assigned ringtones, speakerphone, all functions apparently except the screen.

Can't think of many phones that would've survived this. And by some better luck the screen would've survived.

Anyway, can't have a phone w/o a screen (how else to avoid talking to people you don't want). Bought the Rock today; comes tomorrow. If the Rock equals the Boulder, I'll be a happy camper.

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got the Rock yesterday and I gotta say that it doesn't feel as solid as the Boulder. Haven't tried out all the funcitions yet but Rock's interface is pretty similar to the Boulder, which I like.

I don't like there's no dim display on the outside, it's just off or on. The two step flip is a bit annoying. Sound wise the Rock is not as loud as the boulder, but a bit clearer, less distortion. But I would have to go again w/ the Boulder on the sound. Called my sister this morning and she said I didn't sound as clear on the Rock.

The thermostat and sunrise/sunset gear is kinda cool. I can see myself using that.

All in all (so far, just had it a day).
    Dissatisfied: build feels a bit lessor than Boulder; the flip (although the button open's ok); sound is a bit lower than boulder too; no dimmed front display.
    Satisfied: same interface as boulder so navigating was no trouble (hate learning new phones); Sorry, that's about it w/ the satisfaction so far.

Gotta use the phone for a week or so and see how the battery measures up.

Device(s)
    Samsung S2 SGH i-777
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Rock

Hey West,
    Had mine about a week now. Had the old MOTO V265 for years. Just getting used to this new phone. Not sure if i like it yet. Keep me informed of your decision.
    thanks

Device(s)
    Rock -- C731M040
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm keeping mine. I think it's one of the best designed, rugged, full feature, non-smart phone out there on the current market

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey Ever, I have to say that I'm NOT keeping the phone. Compared to the Boulder, the speaker phone is way too low. On the other end, everyone I've talked to say that my voice sounds like an on air radio call.

I'm a bit surprised that I haven't read much of anyone complain about this on the thread. Do I just have a bum Rock or what. Otherwise, I'm very disappointed.

W/ the exception of the lack of loudness and clarity of the phone, and the relative flimsy feel compared to the Boulder, all else about the phone is ok--e.g., interface, features ( the G'Gear's pretty cool and the City ID is a nice new thing.)

But, all in all, the main purpose of a phone--communication--fails.

I might try a Brigade or Ebay another Boulder.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Brigade is an awesome phone if you can handle the sheer size of it...I opted to try a Bberry Tour while waiting for the Bold 9650 to come out but I loved the Brigade for the 3 weeks I had it!

Device(s)
    G'zone Rock
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Update???

Anyone know about another update on the way out?
    LP Engine 42

Device(s)
    Samsung S2 SGH i-777
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

The Rock

My son says i was left in the last century when it comes to computers and phones. How do i check to see what # update is on my phone ? Also, what is best way to move or transfer a ringtone to the rock ?
    thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung S2 SGH i-777
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Rock

That's alright. Appreciate all the help. Went to the V store and had them update my software.

Feedback Score
    Hey! have had the rock for a few months now but i check this forum every once in while to spy on what you all have found out so i figured i would join to get all the benefits. All in all I love the phone! but i have run into the same little glitches as you all have. The only major one is the distortion on the other end sometimes when the phone is on your shoulder (not sure this one is fixable?) but i have learned to take the good with the bad. This phone is way to good to let something like that turn me away. Currently I am battling the quick reply with T9 issue (very frustrating) but they are obviously working out the kinks because the last update made things run a lot smoother and fixed the caller ID problem. I am confident that this is a solid phone and that any minor problem we come across will be fixed. with that being said anybody know when the next software release will be??

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evergladesgator
    My son says i was left in the last century when it comes to computers and phones. How do i check to see what # update is on my phone ? Also, what is best way to move or transfer a ringtone to the rock ?
    thanks

Send it to yourself as a text/email message attachment, send it to your [email protected] as sending it via your [email protected] strips the files off of the message. Hope this helps

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast