Thread: Thinking about buying Nokia surge

Feedback Score

Thinking about buying Nokia surge

....can I just switch my at&t sim card and not buy data plan since i have unlimited family message and I pay $10 extra for data on my phone. $30 for data seems a bit much......

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It should work IF the Surge you buy is unbranded. Just make sure you add the data plan with your SIM in a non query keyboard phone.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    this will work just as long as you do not buy the surge from ATT. you have to buy it online directly from nokia or newegg or dell, and it has to be the unbranded unlocked version.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score

Thanks......

OK...what exactly does unbranded mean? I wont buy it from AT&T directly. There are plenty of sites to buy it from. As fars as being unlocked....cant it be a AT&T phone so all the settings are set up.

Thanks

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    A) Wrong forum since its a smartphone.

B) I don't think there is an unbranded version, and ping10, if it was AT&T branded it can't be unbranded at the same time!!!

C) The closest thing would be an E75 even though thats a totally different phone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There is an unbranded version either out or out soon. I think it's the 6760 maybe? GSM arena just did a review of it. Same device, but unbranded and unlocked.