Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: N900 shipments have started!!

Feedback Score
    Well if you have your N900, get all your apps here http://thenokiareview.com/applications/
    Ibrahim Jogee
    Author & Founder of The Nokia Review
    http://thenokiareview.com

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nokia E75, Nokia 5800XM
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yay, mine just arrived from Amazon. I ordered on 11/9, fwiw.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Backup: N95-3 Red
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Finally got it today from Dell, ordered on 11/5 w/ free next day delivery upgrade after complaint.

The thinnest menu I've seen on a "smartphone" and after using a while, a feature-rich device but definitely not a typical phone-function oriented phone some people might have expected

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdull
    Finally got it today from Dell, ordered on 11/5 w/ free next day delivery upgrade after complaint.

The thinnest menu I've seen on a "smartphone" and after using a while, a feature-rich device but definitely not a typical phone-function oriented phone some people might have expected
    Yes, it's definitely a work in process, as evidenced by a lot of the other threads here.

Device(s)
    N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T..Cingular..AT&T..Cing..
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdull
    Can someone please give me Complaining 101? Seriously. Oh and it get's better.

I worked for DHL for five years, guess what department? Customer Service / Dispatch.

At my new job, guess what Department I am in? Customer Service.

I have this problem, which to me isn't really a problem but yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to get a little something better after this ordeal.

Also, concerning Dell. I called them today to question why my 11/26 order shipped, but my 11/19 order has not. I was told, and I quote "I can submit a service request to have the unit made quicker for you Sir, but unfortunately at this time those units are back-ordered and the best I can commit to is that you will have the device before the end of the year."

I said I may cancel the order if I don't like what I hear back from her tomorrow.

So, anyone give me some pointers please?
    BNIB N900 for sale in GSM B/S/T section here on HoFo, decent price!

No Surrender, No Retreat.

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Device(s)
    current: n900,5800,Razr v3re
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobizzle
    Feedback Score
    Mine arrived today. I ordered 11/5. On my order status page it just said shipped, but never provided any tracking.
    Verizon iPhone 5s on tmobile

Device(s)
    Nokia n900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealii
    Mine arrived today. I ordered 11/5. On my order status page it just said shipped, but never provided any tracking.
    Same situation here..
    It arrived today.. IS [email protected]!!!!

Device(s)
    Nokia Phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNokiaReview
    Well if you have your N900, get all your apps here http://thenokiareview.com/applications/
    Why don't you post useful information like a list of all available fremantle (Maemo 5) repositories and their settings for the N900?

What you're listing is not very helpful and the posted apps are only a fraction of the continuously expanding library for the N900.
    Past Nokias...
    N97, N96, N95s, N93i, N93, N92, N85, N79, N73
    Surge/6790 AT&T 6650 AT&T, 6120, 5800XM, 5320XM
    Nokia 770, N800, N810
    E90, E71, E61i

Other Phones...
    i8910, RAZR

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Backup: N95-3 Red
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ming387
    Why don't you post useful information like a list of all available fremantle (Maemo 5) repositories and their settings for the N900?

What you're listing is not very helpful and the posted apps are only a fraction of the continuously expanding library for the N900.
    What he posted is very useful for me and probably for people who're not familar with Maemo as a starting point. As a beginneer of Maemo, only I opened that link on the browser and click on the app, I noticed how the repositories (if you're not a programmer, you might not even know what that means) works and had the catalog added.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ming387

His list has VIM, does your list have emacs. Is it crazy to want to have emacs on the N900.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry my Maemo 5 Application Section was of no use to you. I am still waiting to receive my N900, and when I do I will be adding a lot more to the download area. I will definitely take your suggestion into consideration and create a Maemo 5 repositories section.

Is there anything else people want to see? How about a wallpaper section?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNokiaReview
    I'm sorry my Maemo 5 Application Section was of no use to you. I am still waiting to receive my N900, and when I do I will be adding a lot more to the download area. I will definitely take your suggestion into consideration and create a Maemo 5 repositories section.

Is there anything else people want to see? How about a wallpaper section?

Themes is one thing I wanted to see.

Feedback Score
    Okay that's great. I will do my best to get all the content out there so it is all in one place for you guys to browse. As of yet, themers have not began churning out any content for the Nokia N900. As soon as they are released I will upload them over at http://thenokiareview.com/. As for the previous comment, the request for repositories is fair enough, however all the applications currently available via the 'extras' repository is available at http://thenokiareview.com/applications/ in the Maemo 5 section. The only additional apps avaialable are via the 'extras-devel' repository, which are very high risk applications and require the end user to thoroughly know what they are doing. These apps have lead to many crashes, problems with preinstalled apps and of course brickage! Therefore until the application is safe to use we will not upload the link at http://thenokiareview.com/applicatio...-applications/. Hope this information has been useful.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8