Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's T-Mobile's Competitve Advantage?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, Moto Cliq (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

What's T-Mobile's Competitve Advantage?

Just wondering opinions on T-Mobiles competitive advantage?

at&t - iPhone, a-list, rollover
    Verizon - Large 3g coverage, friends and family
    Sprint - Cheap plans, fast data network

T-Mobile had Myfaves, now that's gone.It seems the new plans are trying to compete in just the unlimited department, which has Boost, MetroPCS and now Straight Talk for cheaper. They were the only carrier to have Android, now other carriers are getting in on the action. They're plans are cheaper than most carriers, except in the data department where they are on par with Verizon and at&t now with a smaller 3G footprint.

If you were selling T-Mobile over the other carriers, how would you do it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xj911
    If you were selling T-Mobile over the other carriers, how would you do it?
    The "Me Too" company. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint charge you $.20 for each SMS, we will too. The others charge you prorated ETF's, we will too. The others have launched 3G, we will too.

I liked it when T-Mobile stood out because they were different. Other than slightly lower prices, I am pressed to figure out what the difference is anymore when it comes to the wallet.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Feedback Score
    As a T-Mobile sales rep, I sell to what we have, not what we don't. I don't compare T-Mobile to other carriers anymore because that is not the best thing to do. I sell to customers what best suits they're needs that we currently offer, if it's cheaper or better somewhere else than it's the customer's option to choose another carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, Moto Cliq (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bettastepback
    As a T-Mobile sales rep, I sell to what we have, not what we don't. I don't compare T-Mobile to other carriers anymore because that is not the best thing to do. I sell to customers what best suits they're needs that we currently offer, if it's cheaper or better somewhere else than it's the customer's option to choose another carrier.

What I was afraid of. Full disclosure...I work with dealers like wal-Marts and best buys, and unfortunately the competition is in my face at all times.

I want to really like the new plans, but I honestly can't think of one reason to choose T-Mobile other than Flexpay.

Device(s)
    Note 3, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Easier to switch phones than a cdma carrier (due to sim cards), and cheaper than at&t. If you are in a market that has been upgraded to 7.2Mbit then faster data than the other carriers. Cheaper than at&t (with less coverage granted).

I am with bettastepback, sell what they have, and not what they don't have. Some people won't choose at&t just because they are expensive and really don't care about there customers. Some people like having the flexibility of switching phones with GSM,

Tmobile does have good call clarity.

I have a friend that likes tmobile because he got screwed over by verizon & at&t.

It is all in the person, if they are interested in tmobile then just sell them on what they can deliver, it may work great for them, it may be miserable for them, but that goes for any carrier.

Also with the other carriers, boost, straighttalk, metro etc, try getting a android on there, or a windows mobile phone, or a blackberry. Won't happen, not fully anyways, and not as fast has tmobile's 3g.

The next closest price would be sprint @ 70 a month for 1400 land line minutes and unlimited everything else.

There will always be something better, and always be something worse, the important part is that you give your customer a warm fuzzy feeling that they are getting a quality product and treated like a human.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    T-mobile still caters to individuals with bad credit who still want a postpaid plan. Also looks like they're going to get the hd2

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeXX
    Easier to switch phones than a cdma carrier (due to sim cards), and cheaper than at&t.
    I like that feature too, but honestly I don't think it's much of an issue for most people, most people I know don't change their phones often enough for it to be a big deal, and you can change your phone online pretty quickly with Verizon.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xj911
    What I was afraid of. Full disclosure...I work with dealers like wal-Marts and best buys, and unfortunately the competition is in my face at all times.

I want to really like the new plans, but I honestly can't think of one reason to choose T-Mobile other than Flexpay.
    Not in the business, but it would seem that there is an opportunity for the WalMarts and BestBuys to start selling their own lines of unlocked GSM phones for the EM+ plans, especially for the Talk & Text crowd. People on the EM+ plans are going to be possible customers for a phone at anytime, not just when their contracts expire.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has forgotten what "Get More" is.
    Same price, but you can get more minutes.
    Why doesn't T-Mobile apply this theory to data (especially Webconnect)???
    same price, but we can provide 10GB cap or more.
    BOOM!!! instant winner!

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the very competitive Dallas/Ft Worth market and I stopped recommended T-mobile to friends and family. My grandfathered options ($10 fam text, $6 data) keeps me around.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile needs to knock off $10 off their plans......include SMS/MMS messaging as a standard

However in metro areas, its call/data quality is only second to VZW, and $50 for non-tether, 5GB data/messaging is not an option for many people.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeXX
    Easier to switch phones than a cdma carrier (due to sim cards), and cheaper than at&t. If you are in a market that has been upgraded to 7.2Mbit then faster data than the other carriers. Cheaper than at&t (with less coverage granted).

I am with bettastepback, sell what they have, and not what they don't have. Some people won't choose at&t just because they are expensive and really don't care about there customers. Some people like having the flexibility of switching phones with GSM,

Tmobile does have good call clarity.

I have a friend that likes tmobile because he got screwed over by verizon & at&t.

It is all in the person, if they are interested in tmobile then just sell them on what they can deliver, it may work great for them, it may be miserable for them, but that goes for any carrier.

Also with the other carriers, boost, straighttalk, metro etc, try getting a android on there, or a windows mobile phone, or a blackberry. Won't happen, not fully anyways, and not as fast has tmobile's 3g.

The next closest price would be sprint @ 70 a month for 1400 land line minutes and unlimited everything else.

There will always be something better, and always be something worse, the important part is that you give your customer a warm fuzzy feeling that they are getting a quality product and treated like a human.
    Actually you can get a windows mobile phone or a blackberry curve on metropcs with all the features.....and MetroPCS has 3g in many areas.

I agree that it all comes down to the individual, but it's just less and less individuals think T-Mobile is the company they want to use.
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile's advantage, IMHO, is their selection of Android phones. While there are flashier ones that have just come out in recent days, the G1, myTouch 3G, and CLIQ are all still compelling Android devices. Plus, T-Mobile has more of them coming out soon.
    AT&T HSPA+_____________________________________________ ____________AT&T LTE

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (iPad plan)
    Feedback Score

One word...

FlexPay!

Hands down, this is the #1 feature that attracted me to T-Mobile when my AT&T contract was up. Not because of the credit thing, but because I am terrified of the financial liability of postpaid contracts. $20,000 bill for accidental data roaming? No f'n way!

Device(s)
    BB Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    I agree with most of what's been posted here, there really isn't anything compelling about T-Mobile. I'm happy with my rate plan, but also anticipate a big push to move people away from grandfathered plans as they have always done. Indirectly of course via making new features not work with old plans or some other draconian guideline.
    Last edited by MagicKnight; 11-10-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast