Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Calender Widget

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I like Pure Cal for a few reasons.

1) Developer support. Laik is either very busy, or doesn't put much time into his app. I don't mean this to imply it's a poor product. But if you have questions, suggestion about Pure Calendar, odds are you'll get a response in a couple days, tops. This is important to me, as I want to support products that aren't dead.

2) Skins. Pure Cal comes with around 8-10 skins out of the box, and has support for more. You can make it look really nice.

3) Customization. You can control however much data you do or don't see. Everything from how the dates are formatted, to how much calendar data you want, to how much event data you see, to week numbers, to progress. You can also edit calendar entries in the widget without even loading up google calendar.

4) No glitches. At least one of Laik's skins glitches out on the Droid. The 4x1 classic, which looks realy nice, has the top and bottom part of the text cut off. Not so with Pure.

So, you don't get any major functionality. You get a nicer look widget, with constant developer support, with the ability to customize the widget to look and act in th exact way you want. It's the professional, business-ready calendar widget I'd be looking for. For me, that's worth it.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalb
    I like Pure Cal for a few reasons.

1) Developer support. Laik is either very busy, or doesn't put much time into his app. I don't mean this to imply it's a poor product. But if you have questions, suggestion about Pure Calendar, odds are you'll get a response in a couple days, tops. This is important to me, as I want to support products that aren't dead.

2) Skins. Pure Cal comes with around 8-10 skins out of the box, and has support for more. You can make it look really nice.

3) Customization. You can control however much data you do or don't see. Everything from how the dates are formatted, to how much calendar data you want, to how much event data you see, to week numbers, to progress. You can also edit calendar entries in the widget without even loading up google calendar.

4) No glitches. At least one of Laik's skins glitches out on the Droid. The 4x1 classic, which looks realy nice, has the top and bottom part of the text cut off. Not so with Pure.

So, you don't get any major functionality. You get a nicer look widget, with constant developer support, with the ability to customize the widget to look and act in th exact way you want. It's the professional, business-ready calendar widget I'd be looking for. For me, that's worth it.
    Thanks for the details...the one feature that caught my eye is editing in the widget, that could be useful. I'm fine w/the detail/display in Laik, the one thing I'd like changed is to use different colors for times and meeting titles.

Appreciate the info...
    Droid Accessory Unboxing Video
    Multimedia Dock and Car Mount
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTJUaACe9M

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (The Dark Side, baby!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    I meant CalWidget. Sorry for the confusion. It's not the prettiest app but it works in the way I need it to most.

I'm curious what everyone means about the apps jumping past today. I'm looking at the widget right now. I have a doctor appointment in 45 minutes and it's right there at the top of my widget under "Today".

Are others not seeing this?
    Correct. Once it hits 12:00 AM the event scheduled for that day disappears and the next upcoming calender event (not in the same day) takes it place. I also have my events set for all day as well. Do you have your events set for specific times? If you do does the event disappear once the event time is over?

Aside from all that the app also has a problem when switching from landscape to portrait. At times it will freeze on "Loading" and stay stuck there and must be removed from the screen and then re-added to fix it. Happens all the time after I refresh the calender. I e-mailed the developer.... hope he fixes it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ~X~
    Correct. Once it hits 12:00 AM the event scheduled for that day disappears and the next upcoming calender event (not in the same day) takes it place. I also have my events set for all day as well. Do you have your events set for specific times? If you do does the event disappear once the event time is over?

Aside from all that the app also has a problem when switching from landscape to portrait. At times it will freeze on "Loading" and stay stuck there and must be removed from the screen and then re-added to fix it. Happens all the time after I refresh the calender. I e-mailed the developer.... hope he fixes it
    For the first time mine finally showed the current day... Didn't do anything to it... Yes, that "loading" is very annoying.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oddly the "Loading..." thing happened to me for the first time last night.

As far as the events most of mine are time-specific and they show for the day. Right now mine shows an event today at 6pm. I have no problem with it going away after it's over. I can't make it so why keep it there?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4