Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Calender Widget

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just tried the latest version of the Pure Calendar widget.

Holy smokes, that thing is amazing.

It's so much cleaner than I thought it would, with a lot more functionality. For those of you like me who come from a Windows Mobile background, you finally get the calendaring functions you want from a widget.

I think it's time to say good-bye to Laik's and upgrade to Pure Calendar. It's easily worth the bucks.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since you guys seem to be heavy calendar users, maybe you know the answer to this, is there a way to copy/paste a whole calendar entry? Any third party app that enables this?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't see how a calendar that's all one color is that useful given the different users with different colored events and such. If Pure supported colors I'd be all over it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    I don't see how a calendar that's all one color is that useful given the different users with different colored events and such. If Pure supported colors I'd be all over it.

The colored events is more a limitation of Google Calendar.

There's no way around it until Google wises up and adds that feature.

Otherwise, the ONLY way to get color coded events is....multiple calendars, which Pure and many calendaring widgets do support. (e.g., work events are in Calendar A, personal in Calendar B. They're overlayed on top of each other). Not an ideal solution, I know.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can one of those display which event belongs to wich calendar. For example I have my calendar in Grey and have one for my son's pre-school schedule, wonder if it can not only display the color but display it under his name or somehting.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enine
    Can one of those display which event belongs to wich calendar. For example I have my calendar in Grey and have one for my son's pre-school schedule, wonder if it can not only display the color but display it under his name or somehting.
    I've tried Pure Calendar, Laik's and Calendar Widget. I consider those three to be similar in functionality, and the most comprehensive of all of the calendar widgets.

None of those had any options to display the name of the calendar.

I know Pure and Laik's would both show the color codes that the calendar's are associated, but that was about it.

I'm trying to find a screenshot, but basically what it'd look like is either a color bar to the left of the calendar entry, or the text/background would change color.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalb
    The colored events is more a limitation of Google Calendar.

There's no way around it until Google wises up and adds that feature.

Otherwise, the ONLY way to get color coded events is....multiple calendars, which Pure and many calendaring widgets do support. (e.g., work events are in Calendar A, personal in Calendar B. They're overlayed on top of each other). Not an ideal solution, I know.
    Not sure the difference here but I meant the colors of the different calendars. I have family calendars and need to see the distinction. Google supports that just fine as does CalWiz which is why I use that. I think Pure looks better but I stay with CalWiz because I can tell, at a glance, what's going on. It's red? Oh, that's not me.

With CalWiz I have blue events, black events, red events, gold events. Easy to distinguish.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can't find an app called calwiz, got a link

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (The Dark Side, baby!)
    Feedback Score
    Anyone find a calendar app that keeps the current days notification on screen rather than just jump to the next event?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ~X~
    Anyone find a calendar app that keeps the current days notification on screen rather than just jump to the next event?
    Myself and others have asked about this... I love calwidget, but need to see the current date... I'm interested to know if anything like this exists as well

Device(s)
    Bold 9930
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Pure Calendar. Works for me.
    Silence = Death

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I meant CalWidget. Sorry for the confusion. It's not the prettiest app but it works in the way I need it to most.

I'm curious what everyone means about the apps jumping past today. I'm looking at the widget right now. I have a doctor appointment in 45 minutes and it's right there at the top of my widget under "Today".

Are others not seeing this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    I meant CalWidget. Sorry for the confusion. It's not the prettiest app but it works in the way I need it to most.

I'm curious what everyone means about the apps jumping past today. I'm looking at the widget right now. I have a doctor appointment in 45 minutes and it's right there at the top of my widget under "Today".

Are others not seeing this?
    No... I have mine scheduled for all day usually... and once that day hits, I usually get a reminder in the morning, but it is off my calendar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalb
    I've been using Laik Agenda as well. It's ALMOST perfect. It looks good, and has just the right info.

Pure Calendar's along the same vein. I think they're both about the same.

My ideal calendar has the date, day, month and year. It would also have a brief summary of at least today's agenda. Most of the widgets out there have just the date/etc.

Laik + Pure Calendar manage to do it all without taking up the entire screen.
    I read the info about this and have a dumb question. It says it uses appointments from the calendar. Does this mean you have to have a separate calendar? I thought this was a calendar and appointment tool.

Can you clarify?

Thank you.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't see the benefit of Pure Cal over Laik's Calendar Widget (which is free).

What can it do that Laik's can't? I use Laik's 1/2 screen (4x2) and it can display a full day's events, moves forward as my day moves forward so I can see upcoming events in the evening/next day(s), and is very easy to read.
    Droid Accessory Unboxing Video
    Multimedia Dock and Car Mount
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTJUaACe9M

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast