Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Calender Widget

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Calender Widget

Is there a better calender widget out there? I searched the market and couldnt find any? The stock one sucks, only shows 1 entry.

Also, any decent apps that will give me more then 3 homescreens?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ended up finding a nice calender widget, called Calwidget. It gives you multiple sizes to choose from (2x1, 2x2, 3x2, etc), and shows multiple entries. And its free!

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that...just downloaded it...much better than the stock one!
    DROID DOES

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there one that just shows the days for the entire month like the widget on the enV Touch?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I could not get the CalWidget transparency to work on my Droid - it would stay transparent no matter the setting I tried.

So I've switched to something called Laiks Agenda (free and paid versions) - works very much the same, but is readable for me. I like CalWidget better as it uses different colors for times and event descriptions - if anyone has any tips on getting the CalWidget transparency setting to work on a Droid, please let me know!
    Droid Accessory Unboxing Video
    Multimedia Dock and Car Mount
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTJUaACe9M

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    CalWidget is real nice.

I like how it's just showing the text and NOT a box. Just have to becareful which background I use because it could make it difficult to read the words.

Thanks for the suggestions on this

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah...that's my problem w/calwidget...I use wallswitch to switch wallpaper automatically, and on some of them it is totally unreadable. If the transparency setting would just work then I'd be fine. Hopefully the author will update it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had to fiddle with the transperancy. I even emailed the developer and he said you had to close and reopen the widget to get it to adjust, its a bug hes working ok.

I just set the level, then deleted the widget from the screen and opened it again. I had to do this several times to get the desired level, but it worked eventually.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Pure Calendar. So worth the $2. Fully customizable, transparent, 2x2 up to 4x4. The programmer responds to emails too, if you have issues. I was trouble shooting it with him this weekend so it would look great on a Droid. Check it out. Only app I've bought so far, and I have zero regrets.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha752
    I had to fiddle with the transperancy. I even emailed the developer and he said you had to close and reopen the widget to get it to adjust, its a bug hes working ok.

I just set the level, then deleted the widget from the screen and opened it again. I had to do this several times to get the desired level, but it worked eventually.
    Thanks - that did work...however, discovered that the Laik Agenda widget shows more calendar data in less space, so I'm going to stick with Laik...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been using Laik Agenda as well. It's ALMOST perfect. It looks good, and has just the right info.

Pure Calendar's along the same vein. I think they're both about the same.

My ideal calendar has the date, day, month and year. It would also have a brief summary of at least today's agenda. Most of the widgets out there have just the date/etc.

Laik + Pure Calendar manage to do it all without taking up the entire screen.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yup - all I want on Laik is for him to use different colors for the times and agenda items to make it a little easier to read. Other than that, I like the overall formatting of Laik better than CalWidget as well...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I also like Google Calendar Widget, which I think is made by someone aside from Google. It looks sleeker, but the problem is the layout's messed up. Anything past the third calender entry gets rendered near the edge of the box, where it can't be read.

If that was fixed, I'd probably use it over Laik's.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip, I just switched to Laik... much better!

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (The Dark Side, baby!)
    Feedback Score
    Two problems with calwidgit:
    1. Any changes made to transparency (or anything) only take effect after you remove and re-add the widget
    2. There's a problem when switching to landscape. After you refresh calWidget and switch to landscape it stays stuck on loading even after switching back to normal mode. Can only be fixed by removing and re-adding calWidget. Annoying as hell.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast