Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID FAQ & Tips-and-Tricks. Post your questions and tip here.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon #1
    Feedback Score
    If you change the text size in the browser, there is really no need to zoom
    My blog: http://droidphoto.wordpress.com/
    New Life Christian Fellowship
    www.nlcfsaginaw.org

Feedback Score
    I think my biggest fear here is that so much minor tweaking will rely on having dozens of apps installed that all work to bog the system and its power down.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon - Personal & Corp.
    Feedback Score
    For the asto file manager, it seems to want to connect to a samba share. What is the syntax to connect to a windows share?

Device(s)
    DROID,Imagio,Dare,Env Touch,Voyager titanium,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used to have to convert videos/movies on my "dumbphones" with Super. Does anyone have experience with putting them on this? Would go into a certain "video" folder? I just saw alot of info on pics,music and tones(much appreciated though) none on vids. Hopefully someone like mopedwiz gets ahold of this phone he might know the specs needed to get the full use out of the video player. I guess my question is will any of the known playable files work or do they need to be a certain size and frame rate??

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    some things will end when you click on the Home button. I can tell because they start fresh when I launch them again.

But for a good task app, I heard that TaskPanel is good. I have it but have only checked it out briefly so far.

EDIT: I just tried TaskPanel, and I like it. I clicked to close all background tasks and then went to see what I shouldn't have closed ... lol .. then I launched/fixed that stuff and opened TaskPanel again and added those things to the ignore list. I'm not going to automate the TaskPanel, but it seems to work well.

EDIT2: Also grab the Astro File manager. That is nice app, plus it has Process Manager that has some rather detailed info.
    Thanks, I grabbed AFM, and it seems to be working, everything but the process manager, when I click the clipboard with checkmarks nothing happens, but all the other tabs work...hmmm

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsprake1
    I used to have to convert videos/movies on my "dumbphones" with Super. Does anyone have experience with putting them on this? Would go into a certain "video" folder? I just saw alot of info on pics,music and tones(much appreciated though) none on vids. Hopefully someone like mopedwiz gets ahold of this phone he might know the specs needed to get the full use out of the video player. I guess my question is will any of the known playable files work or do they need to be a certain size and frame rate??
    I am wondering the same. Using super as well, but the file sizes re huge so Im def. doing something wrong.

Feedback Score

Ringtones in "music" folder...shuffled with regular mp3s?

Quote Originally Posted by cr4z3d
    Those are for qualcomm based dumb phones. Android is far more advanced. You can add ringtones easily by creating the music folder on the SD card as stated many times before.
    I'm missing something here.

If you create a "music" folder for ringtones, won't your ringtones play when your music is being shuffled??

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by destardi

If you create a "music" folder for ringtones, won't your ringtones play when your music is being shuffled??
    If you put your ringtones in a ringtones folder and in a notifications folder, they won't show up in the music player. But if you put them in the music folder they will.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jordn613
    I think my biggest fear here is that so much minor tweaking will rely on having dozens of apps installed that all work to bog the system and its power down.
    This thing is fast. Apps installed don't bog it down. Apps running could, of course.

Device(s)
    Motorla DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got mine too!!!

Anyone used Lotus Notes, how do you sync?
    ---
    Mobile Technology Deals
    http://mobiletech.knguyentu.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by destardi

Thank you Humpa...

That was so easy, I'm feelin a bit embarrassed.

Next step is to modify the portrait virtual keyboard to something more useable.

(FYI - I love the physical keyboard...and the Google voice search...and the navigation...and the speed...and, ok you get the idea).

Feedback Score
    Ok, so, how do I make it so that I know my phone is only going to alert me with vibration? Right now, if i set the ringer to vibrate, I get the little vibrate icon. Screen locks. Sounds off does not display vibrate. Sounds on also does not display vibrate. When I unlock the phone, no vibrate icon. I wish there was a way so that it wasn't constantly changing that vibrate status on/off, it's so hard to tell what setting you're on.

Device(s)
    DROID,Imagio,Dare,Env Touch,Voyager titanium,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemanster
    I am wondering the same. Using super as well, but the file sizes re huge so Im def. doing something wrong.
    I wonder if the "hd conv." would work like on the Imagio??(files aren't as big)
    HD CONVERTER
    but that display is 480x800 and wonder if it will make a difference?

Device(s)
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there a way to assign a ringtone to a contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    If you put your ringtones in a ringtones folder and in a notifications folder, they won't show up in the music player. But if you put them in the music folder they will.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe
    Is there a way to assign a ringtone to a contact?
    The answer is yes, regardless if you want an MP3 song or just the pre-loaded ringtones.

If you want an MP3 song of your own, you have to create a copy of it and place it in a folder you create on the storage card called "Ringtones".

From there, you would go to>Contacts>Select Contact you want to add tone to>Click the "application key" (button on bottom of phone that consists of parallel horizontal lines)>Click "Options" and then select the Ringtone you want from the listed items.

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast