Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID FAQ & Tips-and-Tricks. Post your questions and tip here.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook
    Humpa.....Have you tried QPST??? Mayb we could add ringtones that way? Or Bitpim??
    Those are for qualcomm based dumb phones. Android is far more advanced. You can add ringtones easily by creating the music folder on the SD card as stated many times before.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook
    Humpa.....Have you tried QPST??? Mayb we could add ringtones that way? Or Bitpim??
    No, I don't have XP on anything at the moment.
    But why not simply put your ringtones on your SD card via USB or Bluetooth? That's what the rest of us did, I thought.
    You can MMS them and them save them to the SD card, but they are put in a folder called "downloads" and the phone apparently doesn't look in there for ringtones, because the mp3's in there don't show up in the ringtone list.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha752
    Am I missing something, or is there just a ton of lost space on the homescreens? Having only 3 is not convienant as it is, but there are huge spaces around the icons. Probably 50% of the screen is blank space where you could squeeze icons closer together. Is there a setting im missing? I would love to have more room.
    I personally think 3 homescreens is too much. I'm having trouble finding ways to make the others useful. This is all a matter of opinion, of course. A solution for you is to download ahome or one of the other "skins" to go over android 2.0.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr4z3d
    Those are for qualcomm based dumb phones. Android is far more advanced. You can add ringtones easily by creating the music folder on the SD card as stated many times before.

I just did that thaks. There are way too mant threads and posts. We need a nice neat "How to" Thanks again

Device(s)
    Samsung a-670
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    anyway to put a security lock on the phone using numbers instead of that pattern thing?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just a heads up. If you're using the "workaround" to set up your Yahoo mail (I assume it would affect other emails as well) by entering the imap and smtp server info, the email connection will not work when you are connected via Wifi. Just tried this at home and when I had Wifi on and connected to my home Wifi connection, whenever I tried to check my Yahoo emails, I got an error message saying that either the username or password was incorrect.

Device(s)
    Audi CDM8900VWZ
    Feedback Score
    Is there an appropriate way to recover from a lockup on the droid?

I loaded meridian and it locked up when i ran it, so I did a battery pull (used to blackberry land) and my SD card is horrendously corrupted now. So much that the phone just locks up every time it starts up while the SD card is in it.

I tried to fix this by formatting the card via a blackberry and it seems to work again, but the droid can't format the card without hard locking still.. Boggles my mind how something so simple isn't working.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to configure the Facebook app to give you a notification whenever a person writes on your wall, or replies to a comment?

On my Blackberry there was a little notification that appeared when such an event happened. I believe this was due to the fact that it could resolve the incoming email messages that stated an update had been made to Facebook.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Humpa, I will try what you suggested. I was having datarate problems while traveling and must have missed some posts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherGnat
    A couple of questions:

1. Is there a way I've missed to switch between running applications? If not is there an app for that?
    I've been wondering about this as well. Need a quick popup window switcher, or like alt+tab on windows.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon - Personal & Corp.
    Feedback Score
    Where is the built in twitter support. I see facebook came with it, but I see nothing for twitter. What is the best app for that ;p

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld
    Humpa, I will try what you suggested. I was having datarate problems while traveling and must have missed some posts.
    The sending ringtone to [email protected] or using Bluetooth or USB?
    Just curious.

And since we're on that topic again I just wanted to say that after saving the ringtone from the MMS to the SD card, I found how to get it to show up as a ringtone. This is also how you do it for any song that is in your "music" or wherever. I just opened the Music program, found and clicked on the ringtone that was saved from MMS to the SD, and under Menu there is an option to use as a ringtone.

Device(s)
    BB 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy021
    Is it possible to configure the Facebook app to give you a notification whenever a person writes on your wall, or replies to a comment?

On my Blackberry there was a little notification that appeared when such an event happened. I believe this was due to the fact that it could resolve the incoming email messages that stated an update had been made to Facebook.
    Depending on your facebook settings, if your gmail account is tied to facebook, you'll receive an email notification whenever someone posts on your wall, replies, etc. I haven't missed a message all day.

Device(s)
    BB 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxceler8
    Where is the built in twitter support. I see facebook came with it, but I see nothing for twitter. What is the best app for that ;p
    I've been using the free version of Twidroid and it's been great so far.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    is there anyway to get rid of the google taskbar on the top of the screen?

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast