Thread: .:Is There A Way To Get Out Of An Verizon Contract ETF Free Right Now!!???:.

Device(s)
    Evo 4G LTE / Photon Q / Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO And Employee Plan
    Feedback Score

Question .:Is There A Way To Get Out Of An Verizon Contract ETF Free Right Now!!???:.

just like the title says i have an verizon line that is apart of an verizon family plan tha is in contrac that i would like to port out into my sprint account and family plan. but the verizon line is in contract. So i was wondering is there anything going on like changes or something or a way to get out ETF free.

i seen the other thread say verizon is raising the ETF fee. wouldnt that be breaking there own contract agreement and let me be able to port that number out with no etf.

please help because i would like to get this line over to sprint from verizon ASAP!
    Employee at "The Shack"
    Attention Please Read --->THIS<--- Before You Pm Me About Any Questions Having To Deal With My Thread In The Boost Mobile Forums About Sprint Phones On Boost Unlimited CDMA. Thank you! Enjoy Your Day And Stay On Howardforums.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by al_capone_x3

i seen the other thread say verizon is raising the ETF fee. wouldnt that be breaking there own contract agreement and let me be able to port that number out with no etf.
    That won't work because it will only affects new contracts after the date, not existing contracts.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    That won't work because it will only affects new contracts after the date, not existing contracts.
    ok than well is there anything going on or anything that can be said to get out ETF free. because there alot going on with the verizon line and who name it under. its been an hassle to have the line with that person and i wanna bring it to sprint so dont have to hear it or deal with the drama any more. but dont wanna pay the etf to get it off the account. but cant deal with the person who name it under anymore so cant wait the contract out.

possible to switch it to an verizon prepaid to get out of contract or something

i remember people were porting there sprint numbers to boost at one time and it was a loophole to get out of sprint contract because technically it was still with sprint service just prepaid and prepaid has no contract.

anything similar with verizon?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I might be wrong, but arent posts like this a violation of the forum rules? And why the sense of urgency?

Voice of reason, Hofo9, please interject.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007
    I might be wrong, but arent posts like this a violation of the forum rules? And why the sense of urgency?

im not sure if it is. i dont think so because ive seen post for example in sprint forum asking ?z like this or mentioning here a chance to get out ETF free becuase of such and such thing.

the urgency is kinda personel but it has to do with the person who has the account going through what numbers are being called from my line (detailed billing) and calling them to figure out who they are. than trying to say i cant be talking to so and so or this number and etc. just alot of drama and headache. so if the phone is off the account into my own account nothin can be said or done anymore.

Feedback Score

I can't say that I know all of the forum rules yet, being a noob here, but I'd assume its legit to ask about a legal hole that allows him to escape the contract. I mean, VZW has changed the contract in the past, allowing people to leave em. As long as he's being legit, I don't think he's doing anything wrong

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonianjorel
    I can't say that I know all of the forum rules yet, being a noob here, but I'd assume its legit to ask about a legal hole that allows him to escape the contract. I mean, VZW has changed the contract in the past, allowing people to leave em. As long as he's being legit, I don't think he's doing anything wrong
    thank you.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Yup, it's in the rulez....

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...54&postcount=5

In before the lock.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ill stay if i have to. i just dont want to deal with it anymore.

story is this. . .my friend number line is on a girls account.

she gets jealous over him for unknown reasons and trys to control his life and phone and ruin it.

he doesnt wanna put up with it anymore but doesnt wanna have to wait out the contract either.

ive seen post like this before on the forums. i dont recall anyone getting into trouble and see the threads go for a long time.

Feedback Score
    Well friend, I haven't heard of anything coming up lately on the consumerist (they usually tell us about get out of contract free dates) so I guess its a no-no. Try going to vzw and seeing if they'll take the number off the contract and end the rest of the contract on a separate bill

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    There's 2 easy solutions:
    1. Port the line to Sprint and sell the VZW handset to help defray the cost of the ETF.
    2. Do an assumption of liability where the person transfers the line to an individual VZW account in his own name. No ETF will be assessed in that case.
    That's it!

And with that, thread closed!

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.