Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: New Unlimited Browsing option

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by l69norm View Post
    Yes, UMB does work with S60. Setup the GoRogers APNs as discussed above. Remember that this is WAP browsing at 2G edge speeds.
    It's not 2G speeds. It's 3G if you have a 3G phone, just a little slower cause Rogers slows it down a bit.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    oops, didn't realise I was in the Petro-Canada forum. My comment above applies to Rogers only (I can't edit it for some reason...)

Does Petro not get 3G reception on 3G phones?

Feedback Score
    No, Petro and SO only get 2G speeds. Rogers disabled 3G speeds for SO/Petro last year.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, if this is been answered but I'm just a little confused with all the settings posted for the Androids and iPhones. I've come to the understand that I can buy a petro phone for cheap, take the sim out and place it in another phone. Top up the account and then apply for the $10 browsing feature. My question is, whether the setting posted above will work with any smart/dumb phone or a select few. My plan is to buy a unlocked phone with a decent screen and put the petro sim for mobile browsing. The phones i'm thinking about are the samsung wave and jet. Do I just enter the settings listed in this thread to get it to work, and i understand that's it's only 2g signal. Thank you

Device(s)
    LeEco S3
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket and others
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Linux armv6l; Maemo; Opera Mobi/4; U; en) Presto/2.5.28 Version/10.1)

2 questions to umb users:
    1,when use it on smartphone, is there any limitation? for ezample, can skype? can do voip call?
    2, what is max speed you had?

i have bell prepaid and petro prepaid. happy with bell umb that allows me do almost everything and 800kbps speed. if petro umb can do samething on smartphone i will add this feature.

Feedback Score
    Hi, are there any step-by-step guide for configuring mobile browsing on a Blackberry? Also, do apps like gmail work on it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know how to setup samsung impact t746 for petro canada unlimited web browser?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    - Skype/VoIP will not work since the ports for those apps are blocked.
    - The speeds on Petro Can Mobility varies. But you will never experience anything faster than EDGE speeds. 200 something kbps from what I remember.
    - As for which phone is compatible, you really have to test it out yourself unless you have one that is similar to the users in this thread or in the threads under speakout.

Feedback Score
    Wow!

so people with an iPhone 2G or what have you, as of today what will work?

youtube?

email app?

other apps?

Feedback Score
    does opera mini work?

the iphone mail app?

Device(s)
    Nokia 2855i
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I have a petro-canada sim in my iphone. I was messing around with a Presidents Choice Sim and 3G. I put my Petro-Canada sim back in my phone. Did not change my APN at all and now I have a 3G connection with good speed. The speed is way fast then the old Edge connection I had.

The only really difference other then speed is that I can play a youtube video now. But I can't download from the App store new. I could download small apps on edge

Feedback Score
    I realize this thread started in 2009 but it seems like it was still going as late as last month so thats good news lol.

Im wondering if anyone has a working android 2.2 phone using data on the petro can network still and if anyone has them working with apps, or even just browsing?

My unlocked android device should be here next week, but im curious if anyone else has it successfully working.

Feedback Score
    I had an S60 phone on it. Found the settings somewhere (maybe on this thread) and did some fiddling. I think I even got browsing to work on Opera Mobile instead of the stock browser on the phone.

Should be doable...

not sure about apps and stuff.

Device(s)
    LeEco S3
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket and others
    Feedback Score
    PC has Nokia C3 now. It's S60 so maybe a good choice for people use this feature.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Petro Canada
    Feedback Score

Presidens Choice APNs

Quote Originally Posted by mrlayance View Post
    I have a petro-canada sim in my iphone. I was messing around with a Presidents Choice Sim and 3G. I put my Petro-Canada sim back in my phone. Did not change my APN at all and now I have a 3G connection with good speed. The speed is way fast then the old Edge connection I had.

The only really difference other then speed is that I can play a youtube video now. But I can't download from the App store new. I could download small apps on edge
    What are the Presidents Choice APNs? I can only get Edge with Petro Can, yet I have a 3G phone (Nexus One).

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast