Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

Feedback Score
    What is the phone model?

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    What is the phone model?
    I don't have a clue. I'm asking for a friend. She has a flip phone and saw the $20 unlimited t&t cards at walmart yesterday. Normally, she buys a $20 "basic phone" card that only has 200 minutes on it.

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    bumping...

Feedback Score
    If you guys don't want to provide information, then you will just have to figure things out for yourselves.

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I have provided all the information I have available. I was trying to help out an elderly friend on a fixed income who was asking me about the various net10 cards. She lives in another city and has no way to figure out what kind of model phone she has - other than that it is a net10 flip phone.

I thought maybe someone here would know whether or not a net10 "smart phone" prepay card can be added to a basic flip phone account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arxaw View Post
    I have provided all the information I have available. I was trying to help out an elderly friend on a fixed income who was asking me about the various net10 cards. She lives in another city and has no way to figure out what kind of model phone she has - other than that it is a net10 flip phone.

I thought maybe someone here would know whether or not a net10 "smart phone" prepay card can be added to a basic flip phone account.
    Could your friend on the fixed income possibly qualify for the free Lifeline cell phone that is offered for people on low income or seniors?
    That might be a good option for your friend.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your suggestion, but she does not want a subsidized phone with limited minutes, nor does she want to change providers.

Feedback Score
    Shouldn't the flip's model info be on the label under the battery where the serial number is? There's also usually an About Phone info section under settings isn't there?

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arxaw View Post
    According to the Net10 Terms & Conditions the smartphone plans can be used with a basic phone.

"NET10 Monthly Plans work on smartphones and basic phones and come with unlimited nationwide calling, text messaging (including international text messaging), and up to a certain amount of high speed data at 4G speeds for each Plan Cycle depending on which Plan you select. All NET10 Monthly Plans come with thirty (30) Service Days."

I would clarify this with a Net10 CSR. They do have a chat option. https://www.net10wireless.com/contactus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Shouldn't the flip's model info be on the label under the battery where the serial number is? There's also usually an About Phone info section under settings isn't there?
    Yes, the model number is by the battery. It may also be in the Prepaid menu.
    No, this is a non-Android Basic phone that has no "About Phone" listing in the menus.
    Knowing the exact model is irrelevant to this question. Only need to know if it's Basic or Smartphone.

Feedback Score
    Silly question, can you use a 4G flip tracfone, like MyFlip or Doro, for a wifi hotspot?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Silly question, can you use a 4G flip tracfone, like MyFlip or Doro, for a wifi hotspot?
    See THIS THREAD .

Feedback Score
    1) When buying a device and airtime plan at http://shop.tracfone.com/ , do you get an airtime card that can be used with other phones?
    My iPhone SE came with airtime built in, but that was a fixed package, not one where I selected the airtime.

2) If I bought a phone from Total Wireless with 30 day plan, would I be able to activate it on Tracfone after the TW airtime expired?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    1) When you buy a phone that requires buying a time card but lets you select which card to buy, then the card will come separately.
    2) I'm not sure. Ask a few TF reps and see what they say.

Feedback Score
    How long can you wait before you have to activate a plan bought from eBay and is it officially documented anywhere? Thank you

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast