Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Fav Apps

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    OK, now I'm confused. I'm no longer getting VM notifications from VZW which I would need to know to go to GV to read them (that part under GV now works.)

But...why have the VZW VM notifications ceased? I get the missed call reminder but not the VM one?

Is it one or the other (VZW or GV) as to VM notifications then? I'm concerned if so as that means I always need to ensure GV is running.

Help! Thanks

Mike

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Once you say you want Google to handle your voicemail Verizon is out of the picture. You get those notifications from Google.

Did you add the GV app to your phone? That adds the notifications to your phone from GV. Once you do that it'll put an icon up that's a phone handset in a bubble up as your notification.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    OK, that does make sense. I do have GV loaded to the phone.

My problem is that I only get the bubble notification if I manually start GV. They don't pop up natively on the home screen otherwise?! Once I launch GV then they appear.

This is no good though as I need to see that I have VM so I CAN then launch GV.

I must be doing something wrong.

Help please

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there an app to lock folders? For example, to hide certain folders & pics in your gallery?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Found my answer, photosafe for pics and videosafe for video's

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    dequardo, it's all about settings. GV just takes longer than you'd expect. Leave yourself a message and then wait. About 20 minutes after you leave it the phone WILL pop up a notification on its own. There's a setting for that in GV on the phone for setting the frequency. Mine is at 15 minutes and it takes 20-25 at times but not always.

Set it shorter.

Google Voice/Menu/Settings/Refresh and notification/Refresh Inbox

Mine is now at 5 minutes. I think we do need to get GV, on the web side, to support immediately notification pushing just like a text message.

The other option is to use the other notification options. For some unknown reason both e-mail and SMS notifications are nearly instant.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I think I have it sorted now. I had to change interval to 5 min. and I'm OK with that assuming there's not a big hit to the battery.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    I paid and installed the Beautiful Widget that others have talked about, as it has a similar clock/weather widget that is similar to the one used by HTC Sense UI.
    I've had it for a day now, and no problems using it.
    But it said there was an update today, which I installed, and in the release notes it said there was an added feature to have the temp listed in the top notification bar...but I'm not seeing this happen.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    I paid and installed the Beautiful Widget that others have talked about, as it has a similar clock/weather widget that is similar to the one used by HTC Sense UI.
    I've had it for a day now, and no problems using it.
    But it said there was an update today, which I installed, and in the release notes it said there was an added feature to have the temp listed in the top notification bar...but I'm not seeing this happen.
    I think you have to remove the widget from your home screen and then re-add it. When I updated, my "Beautiful Smaller Home" widget read 5:68pm, and there as an odd partial image at the bottom edge. I removed it, added it back, and it took me to the options settings - there is a pick at the bottom for Temperature Notification".

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My friend showed me an app called tune wiki and it looks pretty sick. Hopefully it can be ported.

Device(s)
    Nextel I90c
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I am have a tough time with Messaging trying to figure out if I sent the last text message or if the last text message was received. Is there an app that will at least include and red or green arrow or anything. Maybe im blind but I don't like have to keep track of if I owe someone a response or not. Any suggestions?
    §-Unit

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72
    I think you have to remove the widget from your home screen and then re-add it. When I updated, my "Beautiful Smaller Home" widget read 5:68pm, and there as an odd partial image at the bottom edge. I removed it, added it back, and it took me to the options settings - there is a pick at the bottom for Temperature Notification".
    I didn't see the new "Temp Notification" listed in the bottom of the settings.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shizane169
    I am have a tough time with Messaging trying to figure out if I sent the last text message or if the last text message was received. Is there an app that will at least include and red or green arrow or anything. Maybe im blind but I don't like have to keep track of if I owe someone a response or not. Any suggestions?

In my case with the default text messaging program, if the text isn't sent there is a red circle in the top right corner of the text. Nothing shows if the message was completed normally.

Device(s)
    Nextel I90c
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbaby
    In my case with the default text messaging program, if the text isn't sent there is a red circle in the top right corner of the text. Nothing shows if the message was completed normally.
    Evilbaby, Thanks. That's good information too, I didn't notice that, but I did a bad job explaining what I meant.

Within a text messaging conversation I need to know if I sent the last message to a friend, or if they sent the last message to me. I can't determine the flow of messages easily without clicking the name and reading the last couple of messages. I may have to look into another messaging app I guess.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Does Handcent handle this any better?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast