Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Fav Apps

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Fav Apps

Just starting a thread for those that are already familiar with the android OS to list their favorite apps! That way for those of us who pick up the droid next week have a good start

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    A task manager app is essential. There's no shortage of those in the Market.
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth home screen switches.

Pee Wee Herman soundboard.

Feedback Score
    open home Home (replacement app with 5 home screens)
    better keyboard (the best virtual keyboard you can get)
    http://betterandroid.wordpress.com/

VoiceText (voice to text for sms and other)
    http://voicetext.blogspot.com/

Documents to Go (ms office)
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/android/

Photo burst (photo view w/swipe)
    camera zoom fx
    http://www.androidslide.com/photoburst

capture a card ( business card reader)
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-77560.html

android vnc viewer

SportsTap

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Myke3630
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth home screen switches.
    2.0 appears to come with a widget for that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chefofthefuture
    2.0 appears to come with a widget for that.
    Really? I must've skipped right past that. Carry on!

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One list of 50 best...worth looking at. I'm coming from a Blackberry...the change looks like it's going to be intense.

http://androinica.com/2009/08/31/50-...ity-apps-1-15/

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was told that nitendo and super nintendo emulators wouldnt work on 2.0 is that true? thats really gonna suck

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    astrid
    USA Today
    akNotepad
    SMS Popup
    ChompSMS
    aTrackDog
    Locale
    Pandora

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCard82
    I was told that nitendo and super nintendo emulators wouldnt work on 2.0 is that true? thats really gonna suck

relax a bit and give it some time it will get addressed I'm sure. Fact is a lot of things may not work right away on the Droid do to the fact it is running Android 2.0. So the developers need to update things to address the issues, and the SDK was just put out a week ago.

In my RV "Hotel California" Longview, Wa.
    Device(s)
    HTC G1 Android (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking My Fave Android Market Apps

My Fave Apps, (free) Pandora, TTS library, iMusic-Unlimited free MP3 full tracks, Ringdroid- To edit MP3's into shorter "ringtones", ASTRO filemanager (back-up) earlier versions of apps onto the micro sd.card, Taskiller(lite), Music Online(500 free MP3 dloads), The best Media Player I found is MERIDIAN EVOLVE. TuneWiki-If you like to sync lyrics to videos or MP3's to your version being played.BACKGROUNDS- searches for public released HD pics you can save on your screens and rotates your fave wallpaper choices every 0,1, or 12hrs. Wallpaper comes from flickr.com, can be saved to sd.card,e.mailed or sent via MMS through the same app.
    Apps I can't live without-Google Voice Official App, Qik-streams your live or prerecorded videos to www.Qik.com, Streamfurious w/Shoutcast for use when Pandora wasn't available or in areas w/poor EDGE signal. PaintPro Camera-edits existing pics, or dloads stored on sd.card. Also Geo-Tags them with cool font, make your own eCards, STAR Translate w/ text to speech(TTS), gTranslate-current version on 1.6 "donut" OTA update uses TTS. English/Arabic translate app. (Copy/Paste original font into e.mail,SMS), Shop Savvy is a popular app w/barcode scanner and searches by your location or online for best prices. GLYMPSE-uses Google Maps and saves or allows the person I e.mail or MMS it to a view of the area I send to them for a time period I select for allowable viewing. I keep these and and 30 other non-Native apps running on my old G1 Android. I only have a 4GB sd.card installed and haven't ran out of memory yet! The Droid is going to be amazing!... Ana "iDo Android"
    Last edited by Anakhsenamun; 11-01-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakhsenamun
    My Fave Apps, (free) Pandora, TTS library, iMusic-Unlimited free MP3 full tracks, Ringdroid- To edit MP3's into shorter "ringtones", ASTRO filemanager (back-up) earlier versions of apps onto the micro sd.card, Taskiller(lite), Music Online(500 free MP3 dloads), The best Media Player I found is MERIDIAN EVOLVE. TuneWiki-If you like to sync lyrics to videos or MP3's to your version being played.BACKGROUNDS- searches for public released HD pics you can save on your screens and rotates your fave wallpaper choices every 0,1, or 12hrs. Wallpaper comes from flickr.com, can be saved to sd.card,e.mailed or sent via MMS through the same app.
    Apps I can't live without-Google Voice Official App, Qik-streams your live or prerecorded videos to www.Qik.com, Streamfurious w/Shoutcast for use when Pandora wasn't available or in areas w/poor EDGE signal. PaintPro Camera-edits existing pics, or dloads stored on sd.card. Also Geo-Tags them with cool font, make your own eCards, STAR Translate w/ text to speech(TTS), gTranslate-current version on 1.6 "donut" OTA update uses TTS. English/Arabic translate app. (Copy/Paste original font into e.mail,SMS), Shop Savvy is a popular app w/barcode scanner and searches by your location or online for best prices. GLYMPSE-uses Google Maps and saves or allows the person I e.mail or MMS it to a view of the area I send to them for a time period I select for allowable viewing. I keep these and and 30 other non-Native apps running on my old G1 Android. I only have a 4GB sd.card installed and haven't ran out of memory yet! The Droid is going to be amazing!... Ana "iDo Android"
    Nice, but I wish you had put it in a list format instead of one long paragraph. Don't take offense. Good information.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by norbert
    Nice, but I wish you had put it in a list format instead of one long paragraph. Don't take offense. Good information.
    Yes, please. same problem here, I get totally lost in that paragraph.
    Droid Accessory Unboxing Video
    Multimedia Dock and Car Mount
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTJUaACe9M

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Google Listen....gotta have my podcasts!

Device(s)
    LG VX880 Venus
    Feedback Score
    I know this is a totally newb question, but am I right in assuming that the adroid app "market place" is just a icon on the screen and then it takes you into the "store".

Just trying to get a better understanding.

Feedback Score
    I will be coming over from an iPhone - might any of these be available on Android:

Movies (movie times w/ trailer and local theatres)
    Orb (or something that will sling over media off your computer - mainly music)
    Good To-Do manager

I won't even ask about the games - I can look for those - I don't play many but I would miss the above apps.

If anybody has a list of ex-iPhone apps that they tried in Android - let us know.

Thx,

Mr.Shneeblie

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast