Thread: REMOVE Text Message Indicator After VM Received??

Feedback Score

REMOVE Text Message Indicator After VM Received??

every time i get a voicemail, i get the little voicemail test message, this is annoying, how do i stop it?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You can't. This is just how it is with the BlackBerry.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Feedback Score
    really!! thats insane.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Tour 9630: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

It's so annoying eh? It's one of the negatives with CDMA Blackberry's and there's nothing we can do.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use YouMail, which has I'm pretty sure has an option to turn off 'new message' notification. While that affects the notice from YouMail itself, I'm not sure if you would still get another notice even if it's turned off? (I have it turned on myself)
    Scott

X'ing since 7/24/2010

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Tour 9630: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

My carriers voicemail system has an option to turn notifications off as well, but I don't really know if that's the solution I'm looking for. I currently have them on and I get notified in my SMS inbox as well as with the tape icon that stays on my screen until I check the message. In addition, if I place or receive a call my phone beeps to remind me. If I turned the notification off it would get rid of the SMS and the tape notification. I wouldn't know I had a message until I went to use my phone. To me that's not practical.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    4 BlackBerries later, I have just learned to live with it. Complaining about how terrible it is won't get it fixed unfortunately.