Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Droid Campout Thread

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cally95
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but if I switching from ATT to Verizon and want to get the Droid. I am going to have to go in the store,huh? I dont want to deal with the mail in rebate nonsense either but it looks Im going to have to? Any thought??
    I haven't seen it available yet for pre-order, but you can give it a shot when you can. There's a button on the other phones on whether you are a returning customer or new. You might be able to do it online. In any case you have some days before the 6th.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone aware of any VZW in NYC/LI that handles launches in an organized manner?

I'm still scarred from last year's Storm debut...they ended up overselling storms and about 5-10 of us did't get devices.... the store to avoid...Bayside, NY BTW

And IMO if the Storm sold like it did on the first day then this phone will be much harder to get unless they have alot more units...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    cally95 you can just order online and youll get the rebate instantly.... if your a new customer you can do everything online... or over the phone .....

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder when it will be available to order online. The Storm 2 is now up, but nothing yet for the Droid (other than the screen on what it does).

UPDATE: I saw on another post that it will be available to pre-order on the 30th (or at Best Buy today).
    Last edited by aaf709; 10-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    lets hope moto hiits a big home run with this unit........
    Moto Razr

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yea I get free overnight shipping as well. I live in the west coast. Anyone know, if I get overnight shipping and order at 9pm PST (12am EST), will it arrive the next morning?

Feedback Score
    I read on another post that to get it the next day you need to order it by 4:30pm. Sounds like 9pm would be to late. HTH

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'll have to hit up the store because I have a "special" upgrade offer that expires on the 7th (convenient ) since I returned my TP2 to wait for the Droid (never realized how terrible WinMo is for me until I tried...). Online won't show me as upgrade eligible technically since its 'out of cycle' or however you say it. As for camping out, that depends on how much more hype there is here.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I went to the Verizon store I normally go to (Mission Valley in San Diego, CA) and was told they open at 7 and expect a line. I looked today on Verizon's site, but I didn't see an option to order online yet.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nypcdoc
    Anyone aware of any VZW in NYC/LI that handles launches in an organized manner?

I'm still scarred from last year's Storm debut...they ended up overselling storms and about 5-10 of us did't get devices.... the store to avoid...Bayside, NY BTW

And IMO if the Storm sold like it did on the first day then this phone will be much harder to get unless they have alot more units...
    The West 34th St store in NYC is not taking preorders, and they are opening at 7am on the 6th. It might sell out there as well as the rest of Manhattan.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709
    I wonder when it will be available to order online. The Storm 2 is now up, but nothing yet for the Droid (other than the screen on what it does).

UPDATE: I saw on another post that it will be available to pre-order on the 30th (or at Best Buy today).
    Another update is that I called Verizon and they don't want to do pre-orders yet as "they want to make sure the phone is working right." Looks like either camping out or ordering at BB is the option at the moment.

Device(s)
    Curve 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Dallas midnight launch in texas

Quote Originally Posted by BustRAZR View Post
    I'm not going to camp out, but if they offer a midnight launch, I'll go pick it up then.
    The corporate location in Frisco Texas will have midnight launch for the droid x. They will reopen their store doors at 11:00 pm Wednesday night 7/14.

Will be similar to the midnight launch they had for moto droid and eris (DJ, food, give-aways, etc) only this time they are taking appointments for anyone planning to attend the midnight launch ahead of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2