Thread: MTS BB OS updates?

Feedback Score

MTS BB OS updates?

Does MTS ever officially release updates to the BB OS? OS5.0 has just been released for verizon 9530, and it would be great if an official version was released for MTS, but it doesn't seem MTS is interested AT ALL in providing updates to its users after its already sold them the phone. Do they ever release updates for their phones OS's?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8530 and Experia X10
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Sigh... Did you know that until this release of OS 5.0 (which is only available to Verizon at the moment) that the Storm has had the latest official release from blackberry just like all the other carriers. MTS will eventually be getting 5.0 but for now it is Verizon only.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Also if you would like to run the new os on your Storm follow the instructions on http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html , it works great!

Feedback Score
    Oh I already have 5.0.0.328, and before that 5.0.0.323 on my device. I was running 4.7.0.148, .151, and .167 all from different carriers as well previously. I did not realize that MTS did update the Storm OS past 4.7.0.122 that it came with. They must only do it by having Desktop Manager search for an OS upgrade? If so it must be quite a while after everyone else. It would just be nice to have an upgrade come from the correct carrier.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cd36
    Oh I already have 5.0.0.328, and before that 5.0.0.323 on my device. I was running 4.7.0.148, .151, and .167 all from different carriers as well previously. I did not realize that MTS did update the Storm OS past 4.7.0.122 that it came with. They must only do it by having Desktop Manager search for an OS upgrade? If so it must be quite a while after everyone else. It would just be nice to have an upgrade come from the correct carrier.
    I completely agree I wish they would put a little more effort into it, but from what I understand there are licensing fees to pay, And MTS wants to be sure it works before they pay.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Cant say I'm a big fan of the new OS. I don't like the messaging part of it. It looks too much like the BBM. Also, I don't like their choice of font for the icons. The flick to scroll is kind of neat, but not up to par with the Iphones flick scroll. When you copy something; its important to make sure your version is at least "as good as..". They have to work on that a little more. It just doesn't seem "natural", its what you'd expect from a 3rd party app or free add on.. Maybe kidnap a apple developer and teach him the bb programming language and get him to translate apples flick scroll program. Anyone in?

Feedback Score
    You cna use desktop manager to check for new OS updates...but also sometimes on the actual blackberry site...software and device upgrades support...and fint MTS on there...But easier to plug it in to desktop manager..
    If you want an unofficial newer OS release...just download the software to your desktop, and find the vendor.xml file and delete it before you install the software onto your blackberry...its works!

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    MTS was the first to release 5.0 for the tour...
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...rm-9530-a.html

Feedback Score
    Is it true that you have to delete all your old text messages for the new threaded SMS to work properly?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo204
    Is it true that you have to delete all your old text messages for the new threaded SMS to work properly?
    I never had a problem...
    You will just want to change the options and play around with a bit when you load the new OS. Onr thing is, to change the way the conversation style is, both in SMS, and in BBM....change it to be Stripes...the default is Bubbles.