Thread: SCH-i760 Pageplus prepaid talk n text internet setup

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score

SCH-i760 Pageplus prepaid talk n text internet setup

Just tried to set up i760 for internet connection. Here seems to be the procedure. Have the PP unlimited talk n text plan w 20MB downloads.

I set it up like this:
    Settings
    Connections
    (click on) Connections
    My ISP
    (click on) Add a new modem connection
    These are my settings
    Name: Pageplus
    Select a modem: Cellular Line
    Number to be dialed:#777
    User name: My phone number type like this 5555555555
    password: BLANK
    Domain: BLANK

It seems to work fine. Let me know if you set yours up differently.

Feedback Score
    That worked perfectly, thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue U960
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Any advice on how to get web browser on the rogue?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note8, Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks gchartouni worked great

Device(s)
    note 4 & 10.1
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have mine set up w/ PP 1200tnt
    but my username is my#@vzw3g.com
    and I have to enter a Pswrd of vzw
    or it doesn't go through.

might have to try yours to see if I can by pass
    the password

Feedback Score

broadband vs. WIFI

Is there a way to program an i760 so that it uses WIFI if its available and if not, it uses the broadband connection? I just signed up for PP with the 1200/1200/50 plan and I want to use my 50 mb judiciously.

Device(s)
    sch-i760
    Carrier(s)
    page plus-
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

not that I have found but this is what I do . I changed the #777 so that I have to put it back in so it will work . I just change the last # to a letter . it only takes a sec to change .that way it won't connect . cause if u got wifi and broadband going @ the same time it will use broadband . also if u going to use bband a lot turn off show pics in veiw setting . I can use my sch-i760 all month and never use up my 50mb if I do that . any ? pm me I been using a i760 for 9 months and love the thing I really like winmo phones even if they aren't the fastest phones .

Device(s)
    sch-i760
    Carrier(s)
    page plus-
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Bell
    I have mine set up w/ PP 1200tnt
    but my username is my#@vzw3g.com
    and I have to enter a Pswrd of vzw
    or it doesn't go through.

might have to try yours to see if I can by pass
    the password
    the pasword should be ur 10 digit phone #

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I am working around it for now by setting both connection types to "My Work Network". When I want to use broadband, I switch the top one to "My Isp". One hassle with this is MMS won't work until you turn broadband on. Your idea might be better. If you have wifi on and connected, and the broadband connection set to #777x, will it use wifi, or prompt you that the number is wrong for broadband? It would be ideal if internet "just worked" if wifi was on, and you get prompted for broadband. Seems like a WM bug that it uses broadband first. Maybe that should be configurable.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel lewis
    not that I have found but this is what I do . I changed the #777 so that I have to put it back in so it will work . I just change the last # to a letter . it only takes a sec to change .that way it won't connect . cause if u got wifi and broadband going @ the same time it will use broadband . also if u going to use bband a lot turn off show pics in veiw setting . I can use my sch-i760 all month and never use up my 50mb if I do that . any ? pm me I been using a i760 for 9 months and love the thing I really like winmo phones even if they aren't the fastest phones .

Feedback Score
    It's been a few months...wonder if PagePlus changed anything regarding getting the Internet Explorer browser to work. I tried the above with my "new" i760 and it didn't like the password nor the username. I tried variations in the above posts....I called PagePlus and they said it may not work if the phone isn't one I bought from them.
    She also said there is no password or username. I asked about #777 and she didn't know about that. Guess I on my own here....So I have under Connections - Name:Pageplus Number: #777...then username is either my phone number xxxxxxxxxx and no password or vzw or phone number. My username is either just my phone number or my [email protected]. In any combination of the above it comes back with username and password no good....I can make calls just fine and I have data enabled on account. Can someone help here? Thanks.
    Last edited by sstefany; 02-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I had no luck with Pageplus tech support. They are slow and don't support phones that they don't sell. Although they will activate them, they won't provide any support. The only success I had in setting up mine was searching for a thread with a Samsung phone (same vintage and OS) oh Howard Forums and using those instructions to set up my PP internet account. Username should be your ten digit phone number with area code, no dashes or separators. When I entered password, BLANK means don't enter anything. There is no password. Same thing for domain. I set up two SCHi760 phones this way successfully. I don't know if the setup is different for different parts of the country. I would suspect it should be the same. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply...I have since gotten it to work on my i760 by doing just as you outlined above,.....I am now working on trying to tether my phone to the laptop by using 3rd party software....but the Active Sync which is also needed doesn't install correctly - I get an error when I try to open it....I saw others had the same error and that's where I am now.....one suggestion was to install Active Sync4.1...which I did but got the same error after uninstalling, rebooting, re installing older version, etc.....it's always something. Thanks again.