Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more T-zones for prepaid?

Feedback Score

No more T-zones for prepaid?

I just talked to prepaid customer service and was told that T-zones is no longer available for regular prepaid accounts, only sidekick plans.

I've been using a Treo 650 and accessing T-zones. I just got a Treo 750 and called to get set up and that is what I was told.

Any thoughts, or tips?

Carrier(s)
    PPC - Trac
    Feedback Score
    Is this supposed to take effect at a later date? It still works on my phone

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kshowtime
    I just talked to prepaid customer service and was told that T-zones is no longer available for regular prepaid accounts, only sidekick plans.

I've been using a Treo 650 and accessing T-zones. I just got a Treo 750 and called to get set up and that is what I was told.

Any thoughts, or tips?
    The Sidekick plan offered for prepaid does NOT have access to T-Zones. It is only "allowed" on postpaid plans. I don't think T-Mobile will be taking away the T-Zones on the paygo or pbtd plans because they actually make extra money on it. Read the recent posts. Besides getting the money due them, they also have been ripping customers off left and right, mostly due to monthly subscriptions.

IMO if you want the real deal on T-Mobile, go to the website or go to a corporate store and read the literature. Calling into Customer Care most of the time will not yield the correct information. I was told once by T-Mobile they do not offer text messaging or the Sidekick phone, only ATT offered the Sidekick.

Feedback Score
    Still working on my phones and I used T~Zones earlier today.

Feedback Score
    I just checked my two prepaid Nokias. On my 2760 t-zones worked, on my 2610 I got "Packet Data Not Available" or something like that. I turned the 2610 off and on again and was then able to connect to t-zones. The 2610 was activated nearly two years ago, and the 2760 exactly one month ago today.

I also have a 1208 that was activated about ten months ago that never had a way of connecting to t-zones incorporated in it's firmware.

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score

Customer Culprit

The original assertion is preposterous. As an example to counter it I present my as-issued Stripe phone. Right hotkey = T-zones. Yes it works.

So why the bull? Because Customer Care has been off shored. It is not what we had a few years ago. I spoke to many of them over the last two weeks (see more in "stealing" thread) and think I have a handle on them. T-mobile razed the bar on customer support. They went for economy.

English speaking CC reps are I think universally polite and always claim to be able to help but they seem to have trouble comprehending anything that is outside the standard script answers. Over the many calls I have been outright lied to at least twice. Once a rep told me he fixed my problem to get me off the line. Another told me that voice mail always results in minutes charged.

You will be well served to search this forum and wiki for your answers. No doubt you will get your answer quicker and more accurately than trying to get a sure answer from CC. Leave CC for when you need certain things fixed.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Feedback Score
    Geez. Sounds like Virgin Mobile CS. But at least we KNOW they don't know anything. Tmo reps can be smooth to have you hornswoggled just a little better then the average VM/Tracfone CSR.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for all of this. I decided to call again and had to fight through first line customer service and get to real tech support.

So the first call I made said they don't offer T-zones for prepaid.
    The next CRS I talked to said they don't offer it on non-Tmobile branded phones. I had to fight with her to get to real tech support and then got help.

I ended up having a manually entered connection. So, if anyone else is looking to set up a Treo 750 -

Settings->Connections->Add a new modem connection->
    enter a name
    select "Cellular Line (GPRS , 3G)"
    Access Point Name: wap.voicestream.com
    User Name, Password, Domain: all blank
    Advanced: Use Server Assigned IP address, Use Server Assigned addresses

Feedback Score
    I was going to post, for the future benefit of others the address to the T-Mobile data configurator---the site that would send the settings for data connection to different models of phones. Unfortunately, the site was taken down this past week.

http://tmobileuspublic.wdsglobal.com/

Not only is prepaid customer service bad, but T-Mobile is taking away their do it yourself options.

Device(s)
    iPhone 2g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile togo
    Feedback Score
    are you guys talking about the $5.99 T-zones plan?

or the stupid walled garden place so you can d/l ringtones and crap?

or are we talking about a real internet surfing experience through t-zones.

T-zones means lots of things....and on my iphone with tmo to-go prepaid I get the walled garden to d/l ringtones and crap, with no internet surfing except for espn.com and yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonglo
    are you guys talking about the $5.99 T-zones plan?

or the stupid walled garden place so you can d/l ringtones and crap?
    They're talking about the walled garden just like you described.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, iPhone 5S, N5, HTC Incredible 2, Eris GB, Ozone , Moto Q9c, V750, K1m/V3m, E815
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile 4G LTE, AT&T, China Mobile HK
    Feedback Score
    As of this moment, my T-mo's prepaid T-zone (crippled freebie with no charges deducted) is still working & access is still okay to CNN mobile & ESPN, plus for now - yahoo's us mobile site - on the unlocked Nokia 3555 handset (sold by T-Mo) Sim card's phone # has been in use for about a year but it will no longer work properly in the unlocked Moto Q smartphone for data access.
    4G LTE & Unl. Text, Opera Mini/Skype w. WM6.5 & WiFi access, Goggle Mobile Maps/GPS. On the Job: UHF 5W Duplex HT DTMF-PL repeater (backup: 800Mhz Motorola & Nextel portables) - private 900Mhz alpha-numeric paging net for 24/7/365 Incident Command - Is your "Go" Kit ready? Mass Transit Tips: "If you see something, say something - Call 911 !"

Device(s)
    Samsung Dart
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobo
    I just checked my two prepaid Nokias. On my 2760 t-zones worked, on my 2610 I got "Packet Data Not Available" or something like that. I turned the 2610 off and on again and was then able to connect to t-zones. The 2610 was activated nearly two years ago, and the 2760 exactly one month ago today.

I also have a 1208 that was activated about ten months ago that never had a way of connecting to t-zones incorporated in it's firmware.

Turned the phone on and off worked for me also. Got scared for a little bit because it wasn't working. I use ESPN ALL THE TIME.

Feedback Score
    Was working with my Nokia E63 maybe a few weeks ago not anymore. Put sim card in T429 no t-zones either. Does t-zones work on prepaid T429 as I never got it working in the last maybe 6 weeks. I don't see anyplace to set anything on the T429.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m509272
    Was working with my Nokia E63 maybe a few weeks ago not anymore. Put sim card in T429 no t-zones either. Does t-zones work on prepaid T429 as I never got it working in the last maybe 6 weeks. I don't see anyplace to set anything on the T429.
    Checked again a few minutes ago, it's working perfectly on my *Nokia 6030, my *Motorola v180, Motorola V195s, Motorola 223 renew, and both Samsung Stripes and the Samsung t319.

*Not all are active lines, I was switching my SIM's around to check the phones out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast