Thread: alltel's legacy lives on!

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score

alltel's legacy lives on!

seems like maybe alltel made a bigger mark in the world with mycircle after sellling out than they did when they released it. i remember resigning with alltel about a month after they released this feature and it was a no brainer to me. they had a great network in my area and with this feature i was able to save a lot of money and still use my phone on an almost unlimited basis. i erally thought at the time that the ohter carriers would jump on the band wagon a little sooner than this but i guess alltel was a small enough player they could choose to ignore them. glad to see it really taking off with vzw, at&t and sprint. i think this really is as defining a moment for the industry as m2m was about ten years ago. anybody else have any thoughts on this? what's the next step, complete unlimited maybe?
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The coming thing in cellular is all about data. I can see getting free, all you want voice with a certain level of a data plan.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    can't argue with that since i posted this using a wireless connection.

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    I think all this merger crap has helped drive down roaming costs too. In the end I do think unlimited voice will just be part of any basic plan.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking

not from vzw (imo)

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by army1
    not from vzw (imo)

a lot of people thought vzw would never offer a circle option either. seems like if the other carriers offer something they will be forced to.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think vzw will offer unlimited voice for a basic plan just because they have a landline company also, that's part of the reason they don't have nights at 7

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I'm just hoping the soon-to-be switch to 4g will make data prices drop.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shango6
    I think all this merger crap has helped drive down roaming costs too. In the end I do think unlimited voice will just be part of any basic plan.
    I agree, but it will be VOIP over 4g networks. There is a MNVO called Zer0 mobile, I believe, that is either already doing it or soon to be doing it using AT&T's 3g network. I think it runs $75/month for unlimited data and voice.

Device(s)
    A lot of them
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The reason why AT&T and Verizon came out with A-List/Friends & F*Buddies is because they both had to integrate My Circle into their billing system. The best way to know if a feature used by a small group of users would work, was if every user could use it.
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!