View Poll Results: Do you have an N97?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

    175 68.63%
  • Nope, got rid of it

    23 9.02%
  • Never had one

    57 22.35%
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 982

Thread: Nokia N97: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread: V2 Firmware Edition

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    536
    Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Don`t need wi-fi to work. For more info check go to skyhook webpage:

    http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monsey
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyMal
    When you bring up a sync program in PC Suite there should be a button with a wrench icon, it's a set up wizard. Have you tried to run it?
    Yes and the same thing still happens

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,961
    Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/20.2.019; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.18124)

    Quote Originally Posted by mawerick
    Don`t need wi-fi to work. For more info check go to skyhook webpage:

    http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/
    Ok so I caved and got it . It works ! I got a gps fix in ovi maps as soon as I opened the application
    Boh, chi si capisce é bravo e chi dorme non prende pesci!

    PRO = unlim min plan on Rogers mad seeg network

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    109
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    great! Could you test it on the highways and let us know because i wouldnt mind purchasing this.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,961
    Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/20.2.019; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.18124)

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmann
    great! Could you test it on the highways and let us know because i wouldnt mind purchasing this.
    unfort not right away as I'm not sure when I'll be driving next. But I am getting a quick fix on maps even indoors ! Also I noticed with accu weather widget the my current location now works, it didn't before this app.

  6. #516
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,245
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmann
    great! Could you test it on the highways and let us know because i wouldnt mind purchasing this.
    For 2.99 what is the reason to even wait?

  7. #517
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,485
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since v20 I've been getting locks much better. Does this improve accuracy, though?

    I do notice that on the freeway, the map sometimes briefly thinks I'm on the road next to the freeway and then puts me back, which is more annoying than anything else. If this fixed, I could consider since I've definitely wasted far more than $2.99 on stuff that did nothing...
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

    Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    299
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone noticed since v2.0, when you lock the phone, the vibration lasts A LOT longer?

  9. #519
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,485
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I thought it was the opposite? Used to be a double buzz but now it's only only single.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,918
    Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi
    I thought it was the opposite? Used to be a double buzz but now it's only only single.
    I still get a double buzz if I'm using the Normal profile but on Silent, it is a very short, light vibe

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock
    Yes and the same thing still happens
    You know I just had the same thing happen to me (although on my E71) which used to sync up just fine.

    For some reason (my diagnosis) the sync software was not detecting that anything had changed in outlook since the last sync so after the sync I had no changes on the phone.

    I deleted all of the contacts on the phone, then "touched" all of my contacts in outlook (did a global change by adding all contacts to a group and then removing them from the group) so the sync software would detect that the contacts had changed. The sync then worked fine.

    This may not be the same problem you have but give it a try. Just change one contact first and see if that one syncs.

    SS

  12. #522
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,485
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaxx
    I still get a double buzz if I'm using the Normal profile but on Silent, it is a very short, light vibe
    I use two custom profiles, so maybe that's why. My work profile is renamed from the Meeting and my non-work custom profile is new. Wonder if there's a setting for that.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monsey
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 3000psi
    You know I just had the same thing happen to me (although on my E71) which used to sync up just fine.

    For some reason (my diagnosis) the sync software was not detecting that anything had changed in outlook since the last sync so after the sync I had no changes on the phone.

    I deleted all of the contacts on the phone, then "touched" all of my contacts in outlook (did a global change by adding all contacts to a group and then removing them from the group) so the sync software would detect that the contacts had changed. The sync then worked fine.

    This may not be the same problem you have but give it a try. Just change one contact first and see if that one syncs.

    SS
    Still didn't work. Maybe i will just have to wait until Nokia releases a version for Windows 7. Thanks anyway

  14. #524
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,245
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock
    Still didn't work. Maybe i will just have to wait until Nokia releases a version for Windows 7. Thanks anyway
    I just started PC Suite and it said there was an update to make it compatible with Windows 7

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monsey
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fldude99
    I just started PC Suite and it said there was an update to make it compatible with Windows 7
    Really didn't happen by me??

Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Bookmarks