Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

175 68.63%
  • Nope, got rid of it

23 9.02%
  • Never had one

57 22.35%
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N97: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread: V2 Firmware Edition

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    Don`t need wi-fi to work. For more info check go to skyhook webpage:

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyMal
    When you bring up a sync program in PC Suite there should be a button with a wrench icon, it's a set up wizard. Have you tried to run it?
    Yes and the same thing still happens

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/20.2.019; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.18124)

Quote Originally Posted by mawerick
    Don`t need wi-fi to work. For more info check go to skyhook webpage:

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/
    Ok so I caved and got it . It works ! I got a gps fix in ovi maps as soon as I opened the application
    Boh, chi si capisce é bravo e chi dorme non prende pesci!

PRO = unlim min plan on Rogers mad seeg network

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    great! Could you test it on the highways and let us know because i wouldnt mind purchasing this.

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/20.2.019; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.18124)

Quote Originally Posted by lilmann
    great! Could you test it on the highways and let us know because i wouldnt mind purchasing this.
    unfort not right away as I'm not sure when I'll be driving next. But I am getting a quick fix on maps even indoors ! Also I noticed with accu weather widget the my current location now works, it didn't before this app.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmann
    For 2.99 what is the reason to even wait?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Since v20 I've been getting locks much better. Does this improve accuracy, though?

I do notice that on the freeway, the map sometimes briefly thinks I'm on the road next to the freeway and then puts me back, which is more annoying than anything else. If this fixed, I could consider since I've definitely wasted far more than $2.99 on stuff that did nothing...
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed since v2.0, when you lock the phone, the vibration lasts A LOT longer?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I thought it was the opposite? Used to be a double buzz but now it's only only single.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi
    I thought it was the opposite? Used to be a double buzz but now it's only only single.
    I still get a double buzz if I'm using the Normal profile but on Silent, it is a very short, light vibe

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock
    Yes and the same thing still happens
    You know I just had the same thing happen to me (although on my E71) which used to sync up just fine.

For some reason (my diagnosis) the sync software was not detecting that anything had changed in outlook since the last sync so after the sync I had no changes on the phone.

I deleted all of the contacts on the phone, then "touched" all of my contacts in outlook (did a global change by adding all contacts to a group and then removing them from the group) so the sync software would detect that the contacts had changed. The sync then worked fine.

This may not be the same problem you have but give it a try. Just change one contact first and see if that one syncs.

SS

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaxx
    I still get a double buzz if I'm using the Normal profile but on Silent, it is a very short, light vibe
    I use two custom profiles, so maybe that's why. My work profile is renamed from the Meeting and my non-work custom profile is new. Wonder if there's a setting for that.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3000psi
    You know I just had the same thing happen to me (although on my E71) which used to sync up just fine.

For some reason (my diagnosis) the sync software was not detecting that anything had changed in outlook since the last sync so after the sync I had no changes on the phone.

I deleted all of the contacts on the phone, then "touched" all of my contacts in outlook (did a global change by adding all contacts to a group and then removing them from the group) so the sync software would detect that the contacts had changed. The sync then worked fine.

This may not be the same problem you have but give it a try. Just change one contact first and see if that one syncs.

SS
    Still didn't work. Maybe i will just have to wait until Nokia releases a version for Windows 7. Thanks anyway

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock
    Still didn't work. Maybe i will just have to wait until Nokia releases a version for Windows 7. Thanks anyway
    I just started PC Suite and it said there was an update to make it compatible with Windows 7

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fldude99
    I just started PC Suite and it said there was an update to make it compatible with Windows 7
    Really didn't happen by me??

Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast