Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

175 68.63%
  • Nope, got rid of it

23 9.02%
  • Never had one

57 22.35%
Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N97: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread: V2 Firmware Edition

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi
    Hmm, what's the skinny on the Instant Messaging they're talking about? Ovi Contacts?
    No, it's the IM client that they have in beta right now on the E75. One day it will support Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, GTalk, ICQ, etc. Basically a Nokia branded version of Nimbuzz or Slick.

Device(s)
    N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You know something, the one thing about this update that has gotten to me is how I cannot use my Apple BT wireless keyboard. For some reason, the Wireless Keyboard app refuses to open and that keeps me from activating that app. I'd been getting realy comfy with the N97 in full-computer mode, and since the update, that aspect of my computing experience has gone astray.

Other than that, and those other points that I mentioned in the other thread, I'm actually pretty pleased with the N97.
    Innovation is in incubation here and within these other places: antoinerjwright.com

Items expressed within articles and posts here are my own and may not agree with Howard Forums' other posters or moderators, my employer(s) past or present, friends, or family. I take responsibility for my words and actions, so just let me know directly and appropriately when/if I offend you.

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks like I have to do another hard reset. I tried to uninstall the latest version of Opera Mobile, so I could revert back to the previous version. During the uninstall, the phone froze. It sat that way for about 5-10 minutes. I turned the phone off, and then back on. Twice it got stuck on the home screen during startup. Finally, I pulled the battery for a few minutes. The phone then booted fine.

But, now when I try to use Twittix, the right side of the screen is missing the Twittix menus. It shows the home screen underneath. I was using the Twittix trial, but I purchased the license a little while ago, and reinstalled Twittix, but this didnt fix it. I have no way of installing the serial number for Twittix.

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I held off reinstalling Opera Mobile, thinking that may have been causing a problem;

Anyone have any suggestions.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still no new Facebook app with v20? Can anyone reliably say they have the latest build with the like/unlike and all that?
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    10GB Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotick
    It looks like I have to do another hard reset. I tried to uninstall the latest version of Opera Mobile, so I could revert back to the previous version. During the uninstall, the phone froze. It sat that way for about 5-10 minutes. I turned the phone off, and then back on. Twice it got stuck on the home screen during startup. Finally, I pulled the battery for a few minutes. The phone then booted fine.

But, now when I try to use Twittix, the right side of the screen is missing the Twittix menus. It shows the home screen underneath. I was using the Twittix trial, but I purchased the license a little while ago, and reinstalled Twittix, but this didnt fix it. I have no way of installing the serial number for Twittix.

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I held off reinstalling Opera Mobile, thinking that may have been causing a problem;

Anyone have any suggestions.
    do you have a memory card installed?

not an OpMo issue. i reverted to Beta 1 of OpMo (happy again!) no problems with uninstall of Beta 2. don't use Twittix though ... just that one app?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Phone memory issue

Now I guess everybody knows all the tricks on how to deal with the phone memory (drive C) on our N97s. I delete folders dmgr and cache regularly on my phone and I have everything set to be stored on E:.

Even so, I notice a constant decrease of phone memory at a rate of 0.1Mb per day. I'm guessing it's the phone caching some sort of information somewhere else other than the two folders I get rid of regularly.

Anybody has any clue about it?

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AM Radio
    do you have a memory card installed?

not an OpMo issue. i reverted to Beta 1 of OpMo (happy again!) no problems with uninstall of Beta 2. don't use Twittix though ... just that one app?
    Yes, I have a 4mb card installed.

Twittix was where I noticed the problems, but the phone began acting like it was running very low on memory. I couldnt get it to move through menus. So I went ahead and turn the phone off/on.. Thats when the thing started freezing and restarting during boot. Once I took the battery out for a few it did boot, but the problems were still there with Twittix.

Now that I have done a hard reset, reformatted the E drive and my memory card, everything is fine, and working normal.

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fldude99
    That may be a good guess Tran..I set up VOIP with that internet advanced setting app. That tab is like an appendix however..doesn't seem to do anything or hurt anything, so I wouldn't lose any sleep on it
    not really that useless. it actually is very usefull. on that tab add only contacts that you voip so you dont have to look through whole contacts list. also rather than selecting regular contact then options/type of call/ internet call on that tab you just select contact and press green button or call on touch screen. it automatically assumes that its internet call connects and dials.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grca
    not really that useless. it actually is very usefull. on that tab add only contacts that you voip so you dont have to look through whole contacts list. also rather than selecting regular contact then options/type of call/ internet call on that tab you just select contact and press green button or call on touch screen. it automatically assumes that its internet call connects and dials.
    Sounds good, but how do you add a contact to that tab? It says:"To add, select 'add fro...'

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    dont go to regular contact settings. as you see the instructions are cut off. first launch contacts app then go to voip tab without selecting any contactcs and going deeper. on that voip tab first log in to your voip account then options/new contact/add from contacts (or add manually - typing the number). you can mark all contacts you want to use with voip at once. thats it. you dont have to do this everytime only when you want to edit list or add more.
    so basically after you have it set its simple to use: launch contacts app, click on voip tab, select highlight contact and green (call) button. hope you find it as usefull as i.

oh i just realised your screenshot is of the individual contact selected. guess that is like an appendix if contact is not on voip list (the one i was describing all along from the main contacts app), if it is than that screenshot would show first and last name with the picture if set.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^^^thx! That is very cool. The ability to finally use a built in SIP profile has made the shortcomings of the N97 a lot easier to overlook..

Device(s)
    iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, a weird story, but something positive from nokia i finally decided to send in my n97 for repair for many different issues. I have the box to ups monday afternoon, they received it wednesday morning and wednesday afternoon they sent me a replacement n97! Only thing is i'm out of town till monday, so i wont get it till then. Is there anyway to know if its a new or refurbished unit? Is there also a way to know the manufacturing date?(my original n97 was manufactured 23rd week of 2009 according to the box). Thanks!

Device(s)
    N97 (9's only) :)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omaralt
    Hey guys, a weird story, but something positive from nokia i finally decided to send in my n97 for repair for many different issues. I have the box to ups monday afternoon, they received it wednesday morning and wednesday afternoon they sent me a replacement n97! Only thing is i'm out of town till monday, so i wont get it till then. Is there anyway to know if its a new or refurbished unit? Is there also a way to know the manufacturing date?(my original n97 was manufactured 23rd week of 2009 according to the box). Thanks!
    How funny! I did the same thing. I sent it to them Friday (6th). They received it on Monday. They shipped the "replacement" unit on Wednesday. I will receive it today. I dont think it gets any better and faster than this. Thanks Nokia

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys i was just wondering i just built myself a new PC with windows 7 ultimate and i tries to download Nokia PC suite and it didn't work. Is windows 7 compatible with nokia PC suite because i need it really badly

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock
    Hey guys i was just wondering i just built myself a new PC with windows 7 ultimate and i tries to download Nokia PC suite and it didn't work. Is windows 7 compatible with nokia PC suite because i need it really badly
    According to this it is:

http://www.nokiausers.net/General/No...Windows-7.html

Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast