Thread: 1 Year into Contract

Feedback Score

1 Year into Contract

I am currently on the Old Sero plan:

I am looking to upgrade my phone (HTC Diamond) and currently 1 year into my contract. I am looking for a data device (email,data,etc)

What phone(s) do you recommend ?

Should I jump to the Newer Sero Plan ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Device(s)
    Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    It depends what type of device you are looking for. Obviously the Hero is on it's way, the Palm Pre is available, TP2 is available, etc... But the problem then lies in what your intents are. If you are big on flashy and pretty interfaces, etc... the Pre is likely your best bet. If professional/business/expensive is what you are looking for, go with TP2 (steroided TP so somewhat similar to Diamond, still runs Windows Mobile), or go with the Hero which many are praising, because it's a "Google phone" (aka runs Android).

Be aware the Pre and Hero (most likely) will not permit you to be on SERO. The TP2 is available on SERO.

If you've got a corporate discount, use that for an upgraded plan or just go with the EPRP ("New" SERO), but no corporate discounts there. If you've got a good discount (like 27% with employer), go with Everything Data because 27% off $70/month is less than $60/month.

There's also the Instinct HD, but it's really not looking that great nor does it seem to ACTUALLY be HD...

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    How are the reviews on the TP 2 ?

Sprint is only giving me 75 off

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    there are rumors, some now more credible, of a Diamond 2 like device coming to Sprint soon-ish... most likely the same device that Verizon is getting VERY soon (the HTC Whitestone, aka Imagio). Its essentially a TP2 without the QWERTY keyboard. You might want to wait for that if you like WM but don't want the bulk/thickness of the TP2.

The TP2 is getting very good reviews...

Re: SERO vs EPRP...
    I assume you know that EPRP (new SERO) is twice the money, but does allow the Pre and the Hero.

Device(s)
    Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2257
    How are the reviews on the TP 2 ?

Sprint is only giving me 75 off
    That "75 off" is off FULL RETAIL PRICE. You'd be better off just buying the device from another person like through eBay, because $75 off a supposed "$600 phone" is nothing.

Now here's a way of doing something: If you're Absolutely sure you're willing to sacrifice your SERO, do one of the following, but only if you want a phone that SERO cannot use (re: Pre/Hero):

1) Transfer of Liability your SERO plan then signup for a new SERO or whatever other plan you want. That way, you keep SERO alive and get new customer pricing on your new phone.
    2) Try to talk account services (retentions) into giving you the phone at new customer pricing because you're switching to the more expensive plan.

#1 Would by far be the easiest, but keeping your number would be another mess... #2 would be difficult but you'd get to keep your number, while also damaging your SERO friends by eliminating yet another wonderful SERO account.

Slm

P.S. I'm not sure about anyone else, but a 'good review' for a Windows Mobile phone is like shooting yourself in the foot with a .22 rather than a .45. It still hurts like hell, but it's 'better' than before. Not shooting yourself at all would be something reliable like a Blackberry, but also not as 'hackable' per se, so evaluate your situation...

Feedback Score
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...readid=1582705

Sprint Touch Pro 2 $199 AR on Oct 1st