Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i have an alltel smartplan...will i be able to get a verizon blackberry?

Feedback Score

i have an alltel smartplan...will i be able to get a verizon blackberry?

or will i have to pay that stupid fee

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What "stupid" fee?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.546 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

you have to pay the stupid fee. and no you cant get a verizon phone.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/998; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I know this has been rehashed many times. But I was under the impression that assimilated Alltel customers could upgrade when their time comes to a veizon phone. But things like vcast may not work and you will be charged for data. Since they have the smart phone plan they should be good then?

Feedback Score
    well im on a plan with alltel where i can use anysmartphone/blackberry...but i thot id have to pay a monthly fee for a verizon BB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdebb

Let me fix this for you, pcdebb:

You're mom is going to have to pay the stupid fee for you. Verizon only sells phones to adults.

Although I'm sure you will be able to get whatever you want when it comes down to it.But seriously cody, just quit. You are more than welcome here but please, for the love of god, try to ask a coherent question when you create a thread.

Question: "will i [sic] be able to get a verizon blackberry?"

Answer(s): yes, you can buy one from ebay, from craigslist, from verizon, from your mom, from that creepy guy with the van down the street.

Unless, of course, your question was actually whether you could keep your smartchoice plan and still have a verizon handset. But since I didnt see one spec of evidence that that is the answer you wanted to know, Im not going to tell you. And neither will anyone else here because you can just as easily read the other 15,000 threads on this forum about it.

And what "stupid fee?" Are you referring to the ETF fee? The fee that is in place so that companies like Verizon and Alltel could continue to offer you phones at a price that would still allow your mom to buy you those hot pockets? Quit *****en about an ETF or get a prepaid phone.

Feedback Score
    i meant the additional BB monthly charge.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Posting coherent sentences will greatly help in getting your message understood, getting your questions treated with respect, and getting good responses.

Posting like a thirteen year old will get you answers like a thirteen year old.

If you are on an Alltel BlackBerry plan, you can put a Verizon BlackBerry on that plan without changing your plan.

Have your mom log on to your account on Verizon and it will tell you whether or not you can add a BlackBerry and keep your current plan.

Note if you change to a Verizon device, only the base part of your plan carries forward. Any messaging packs (even if they are "included" now on your plan) do not carry forward, and you will have to select a Verizon messaging plan if you want SMS and MMS messaging.

Feedback Score
    i thought my smartplan with all the messaging and unlimtied internet would carry over to a VZW phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mills00013
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdebb

Let me fix this for you, pcdebb:

You're mom is going to have to pay the stupid fee for you. Verizon only sells phones to adults.

Although I'm sure you will be able to get whatever you want when it comes down to it.But seriously cody, just quit. You are more than welcome here but please, for the love of god, try to ask a coherent question when you create a thread.

Answer(s): yes, you can buy one from ebay, from craigslist, from verizon, from your mom, from that creepy guy with the van down the street.

Unless, of course, your question was actually whether you could keep your smartchoice plan and still have a verizon handset. But since I didnt see one spec of evidence that that is the answer you wanted to know, Im not going to tell you. And neither will anyone else here because you can just as easily read the other 15,000 threads on this forum about it.

And what "stupid fee?" Are you referring to the ETF fee? The fee that is in place so that companies like Verizon and Alltel could continue to offer you phones at a price that would still allow your mom to buy you those hot pockets? Quit *****en about an ETF or get a prepaid phone.
    lol i was being nice i guess

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codyiscool
    i thought my smartplan with all the messaging and unlimtied internet would carry over to a VZW phone
    Yep. Me too. But they won't.

If you make any changes, you can carry your Alltel plan forward, but that only includes the base. Verizon considers the messaging to be separate.

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills00013

Best evaaar!
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Feedback Score
    so if i even switch phones at all ill have to change my plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

oh for [email protected]%# sake!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Come on, cody. You aren't even trying to pay attention.

You won't have to change your plan if you change to a phone that is compatible with your current plan.

BUT NOT EVERYTHING WILL CARRY FORWARD. NAMELY THE MESSAGING PACKAGE!

How much clearer do you need it to be? Maybe you need to get your mom to come read the forum.

Or as I suggested, log on to your My Verizon Account online. Or freaking CALL a Verizon rep and ask.

Come on, cody. This isn't Rocket Surgery. You have asked more questions over the past two years than anyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast