Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia phones

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Alright well I'll be making a purchase tonight if I get answered, if not it'll be tomorrow.

I just want to make sure that the N85 and the N86(or possibly the n97 if I hear back from the trade up service) will work on the regular unlimited data plan. I don't want to have to use the smartphone/pda plan.

Also, other than the camera/internal storage what would be the benefit of the 86?
    Last edited by madzozs; 10-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Vivid with ICS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes they will, as for the N86 why don't you just check this page out it will tell you everything you want to know about the N86!!
    http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...#/main/landing
    HTC Vivid with 4.0.3.7 ICS Offical AT&T release

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you actually like your E71x...Why not just pick up an E71 (or E72)?

Same phone basically except some firmware differences - and Unbranded phones (No matter the model) aren't counted as PDAs on AT&T yet.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe3754
    Yes they will, as for the N86 why don't you just check this page out it will tell you everything you want to know about the N86!!
    http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...#/main/landing

Yeah I saw that and when compared to the 85 the only differences I saw were the cam, keyboard and internal storage. Of the 2 I think I preferred the keyboard on the 86. I ended up saying screw it all and bought an n97 in the end. I'm terrible with money...

Thanks for the help though everyone.

Device(s)
    HTC Vivid with ICS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madzozs
    Yeah I saw that and when compared to the 85 the only differences I saw were the cam, keyboard and internal storage. Of the 2 I think I preferred the keyboard on the 86. I ended up saying screw it all and bought an n97 in the end. I'm terrible with money...

Thanks for the help though everyone.

Well I hope you enjoy it, from what I hear it is a good phone, I just do not like touch screen phones, had the iphone 3gs for about three weeks and could not stand it, so I e-bayed it and that is what paid for my N86!!

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Feedback Score
    I quite agree - the iPhone is overrated. I've had different Nokias for 10 years now and my first one still works! If it wasn't just a phone with a black and white screen, no camera, internet access or wifi - I might just be still using it
    Find the Best Deals on the Latest Cell Phones!
    http://cellphonemart.net

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes you will be just fine using the 15 dollar unlimited data plan with ANY nokia s60 phone that is unbranded and unlocked. that's the beauty of using s60 phones on ATT, its a great deal.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerRuling
    If you actually like your E71x...Why not just pick up an E71 (or E72)?

Same phone basically except some firmware differences - and Unbranded phones (No matter the model) aren't counted as PDAs on AT&T yet.
    Is this true? If you pick up the E71 it's not counted as a smartphone on AT&T and therefore no data plan is needed?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MReeser
    Is this true? If you pick up the E71 it's not counted as a smartphone on AT&T and therefore no data plan is needed?
    yes of course its true. just stick with unlocked unbranded phones and you use the 15 dollar data plan all day long.

i've used only unlocked s60 smartphones for 4 years, and just use the 15 dollar plan for 4 years too. i havent even bought a phone from an att store in all that time, havent even walked in to an att store. just buy the phone from newegg, pop in your sim, and off you go.

Feedback Score
    What if you want to use the E71 for simply voice and other non-internet PDA features. Is the $15 plan still necessary?

Feedback Score
    Could anyone please answer this question?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MReeser
    Could anyone please answer this question?
    The answer is no, with an unlocked/unbranded E71 you do not need a data plan.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (neuro-devixe: SAMSUNG-SGH-A867/A867UCHJ3 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

if it's an unlocked e71 it is not necessary, if it is the e71x att branded they'll require the 30 dollar pda plan.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    You could get an unlocked E71 if you like the E71 type device, and that way you wouldn't be forced to get data. There's everything from unlocked to contract (if you have an upgrade) to extremely basic GoPhones that work with AT&T SIMs from Nokia. They are all excellent choices, depending on what features you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2