Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: So I Cancelled without ECF

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantinatorPlus
    I'm honestly not trying to be obstinate, but I just don't buy their/your data at all. Maybe the average American doesn't know how to get the "right" plan, maybe - who knows? It's one of those cases where "reality astonishes theory": you go up to any American on the streets and they'll tell you about their 1440 weekday minutes with rollover, unlimited data and unlimited texting/MMS for $99.99. (Just FYI, $80 gets you 3 GB of data in Canada, plus SAF/911/GRRF and you're running about $86 without even a voice plan yet).
    Maybe, maybe, maybe.

You can speculate as to why the numbers are the way they are, but the reality is that Americans pay more than Canadians across all types of measured usage patterns.

And you don't have the buy the OECD data, but at least consider that the OECD is one of the premier statistics agencies around. You might suggest their methodology is flawed, but I assure you that OECD statistics are used to govern policy decisions of every major country on the planet.

Device(s)
    Z10 x 3 iPhone5 x 1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm honestly not trying to be obstinate, but I just don't buy their/your data at all. Maybe the average American doesn't know how to get the "right" plan, maybe - who knows? It's one of those cases where "reality astonishes theory": you go up to any American on the streets and they'll tell you about their 1440 weekday minutes with rollover, unlimited data and unlimited texting/MMS for $99.99. (Just FYI, $80 gets you 3 GB of data in Canada, plus SAF/911/GRRF and you're running about $86 without even a voice plan yet).
    I think I'd have to go with statistics compiled on an aggregate basis by an organization of some reputation. Although, I don't spend much time thinking about what things cost in the states, as I spend in Canada. I would like the US dollar to strengthen though, my biz has taken the hammer over the exchange!
    Steve...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^There is a retention thread here and and a lounge here

Could you all stop spamming this thread and leave it for HOFO members to talk about Cancelling without ECF please.

Thanks.
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Device(s)
    Z10 x 3 iPhone5 x 1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2468

Could you all stop spamming this thread and leave it for HOFO members to talk about Cancelling without ECF please.

Thanks.
    I think spamming is a little strong. We have, as always in this thread gone a little off track. I am one of the culprits. I think the message is, and was yesterday, that this thread is used up, and should be locked up. Seeing things that we'd like to respond to, is hard to resist for some.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2468

Thanks.
    You should report our posts to the moderators if you find them "spamming". It is natural for threads to evolve over time; this one definitely has. The mods reopened it I assume because they find it to be as educational and informative as I am. The reason why people aren't outraged over our cell phone plans and services is (1) a natural evolution of this thread, and (2) something I don't understand but hope, by way of this thread, to try.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You should report our posts to the moderators if you find them "spamming". It is natural for threads to evolve over time; this one definitely has. The mods reopened it I assume because they find it to be as educational and informative as I am. The reason why people aren't outraged over our cell phone plans and services is (1) a natural evolution of this thread, and (2) something I don't understand but hope, by way of this thread, to try.
    Ugh.

I, for one, am done with trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I'm checking out of this debate.

Device(s)
    Z10 x 3 iPhone5 x 1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neksys
    Ugh.

I, for one, am done with trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I'm checking out of this debate.
    Long overdue for me.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 20
    after talking with the admin team this thread will reopened upon these provisions:

1> you discuss ECF's and the legitimacy of being to walk away from signed contracts etc
    2> all personal character references and insults stop immediately

any deviation of the above will result in a temp ban.

Wow, you're sure on the money with that one

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by walie
    Wow, you're sure on the money with that one
    Notice the "etc." part?

The mod was emphasizing that the personal insults and character references (i.e. "trying to put a peg into a square hole") stop immediately, which makes sense as they are quite immature.

The fact that our cellular plans are insanely expensive and minimal in value definitely relates to the legitimacy of contracts, as well as getting out of them.

*Bites back personal insults*

I am therefore completely on topic.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay, I just talked to an American today who says that caller ID/VM are thrown in for FREE on all plans, including prepaid! Likewise with domestic LD.

And we honestly accept a change to our "local calling area", when we really shouldn't have one anyway?

Oh, Canada.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Guys, I feel like this thread is dying down. Are we going to keep it up, or am I going to have the last word?

Seriously - we know that Americans have no LCA at all (domestic roaming and LD is all free) and max two-year contracts. And people are saying here that the reduction of our own pitiful LCAs is no big deal--not even a change to the base contract.

How can you justify this?

Feedback Score
    Let us make this explicitly clear
    this thread is for discussing why and how to get out of the ECF as it applies to rogers customers on Rogers plans in Canada

it is a very specific and narrow subject.

this will be the last attempt to reign this thread in as it has valuable information and methods but has gone way off track.

Device(s)
    White iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So has anyone had any Problems with the LCA changes and how did Rogers resolved the matter?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally haven't, but MY question is how one can justify not being able to get out of your contract sans ECF (or receive compensation so you could keep using your service precisely as before) EVEN IF it's not a change to the actual, plain Jane, base contract. Here are some things which aren't in your base contract but which would kill you:
    • Remove tethering
    • Eliminate local calling areas entirely and make you pay LD on every call
    • Eliminate nearby cell towers so your reception wouldn't be as good
    • Make incoming voicemail messages pay-per-send.

In other words, whether it's part of the base contract or not...it's still "customer screwing".

So come on guys, address either TorontoAlex09's question or mine or both.

Feedback Score
    Your fire still burning GrantinatorPlus? Pick up a board, write something anti-Rogers and go protest at their head-office. I'll join you

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast