Thread: Tweet Tweet -- Verizon Wireless Offers Twitter App to Feature Phones

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Tweet Tweet -- Verizon Wireless Offers Twitter App to Feature Phones

"What Are You Doing Now? TweetTweet App Launches On Your Verizon Wireless Phone"
    http://news.vzw.com/news/2009/09/pr2009-09-09f.html
    http://www.phonescoop.com/

by Eric M. Zeman

Today Verizon Wireless announced a new Twitter application called Tweet-Tweet that is compatible with its feature phones. The application allows Twitter users to update their status, as well as view and reply to friends, re-tweet and send direct messages. The application can be downloaded by texting "Tweet" to APPS (2-7-7-7). Tweet Tweet works with over 60 handsets, including models that run BREW. The application costs $4 for unlimited Tweets, or $1.50 per month.
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Feedback Score
    They have the nerve to charge a fee to download it? They should be just happy with the data charges they get from people using it.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to know who wrote that press release. Probably the lamest pseudo-hipster bit of twaddle I've read in a long time. Kind of reminded me of the way the dad in the American Pie movies talked when he was trying to be 'down with the kids.'

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

m.twitter.com
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So has anyone downloaded and used this yet? I'm thinking about it but it would have to be a good app to be worth it to stop using just the normal twitter mobile website...

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    $4? Not worth it. Just send a text message or use the mobile site; I'm sure this couldn't be THAT much better especially with a coat of Verizon's red paint on it.
    p.s. - why do they still offer applications on a monthly basis? Does it even make any sense?

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wonder then, why do iPhone users pay for a twitter app instead of sending a text or using the mobile site?

Device(s)
    Sprint Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For the sake of seeing, I actually got TWEET TWEET. Since I have two twitter accounts I have to pay attention to.

PROS: Unlike twitter site, I don't have to type my login everytime, that alone made it worth it. I can reply, retweet, and direct message with the other name auto populating, and even the retweets autopopulating the text. Nice enough list with once you reach the bottom it automatically pulls the next bunch.

CONS: Landscape only. Can not setup multiple accounts, and figuring out some of the above definitely took some playing with.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote Originally Posted by jokester1365
    I wonder then, why do iPhone users pay for a twitter app instead of sending a text or using the mobile site?
    blind leading the blind?
    sheep following sheep?
    if you want it why does it matter whether or not a media phone user on another network uses it?
    maybe the EDGE network makes it impractical to text or surf?