Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

VZ Nav Upgrade

I currently have VZ Nav v 4.5.2 on my Env Touch. When i check for updates from the application itself it says that it is up to date. When I check for 'upgrades' from Media Center it says that there is an upgrade available. My question is...is there a more current version of VZ Nav out there and if there is, If i upgrade will that 'null' my 'free' subscription that I have obtained using some tricks out there on the internets?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Looks like there might in fact be an upgrade (at least for the enV Touch), going by http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...03&postcount=6.

As for anything in terms of using the application for "free" and all that--discussion related to things of that nature is actually against the forum rules, per http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...95&postcount=7.

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I suggest you NOT upgrade to this new version of VZ Nav.

I did and I HATE the new one!! It seems to be more along the lines of BING and it SUCKS!! You lose the ability to CALL any of your Favorites. The interface is also changed and IMHO, it isn't for the better!!

Internet talk is cheap.

Man up, Show up, or Shut the @#$! up.

Device(s)
    Moto DroidX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Serious? I have it on my Bold, and absolutely love it.

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've found several issues with the new version (5.X) of the VZNavigator application.

The biggest one is the lack of the Dashboard view while navigating to a destination. The Dashboard view allows a person to not only see the current step in a decent and large font, it also lets you preview the upcoming steps in a route (so you know what to expect).

The 5.X version does not have a Dashboard view. The only views available are: List, 2D View, or 3D View. The List view shows all of the steps in a route but the text is very small and hard to read while driving. The 2D and 3D views do not have the ability to see upcoming steps.

The 5.X version also seems to lose the GPS signal more than previous version (or just announces it more frequently).

And there is no way to Delete a Favorite entry. You can only Edit an entry or delete them all.

And finally, the overall layout and navigation within the application has become far less intuitive and easy.