Thread: Data usage

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Data usage

I've been using a smartphone now for over a year. I do not have a smart choice plan (Alltel family plan as of now) but have the $25 phone as modem. What I am wondering now, with VZW coming in now, will I be able to still use the phone as modem for data? I'd like to upgrade to the TP2 and still keep the Alltel plan.

Device(s)
    EnV3
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Verizon Phone on Alltel Plan

You are supposed to be able to keep whatever you have on your plan at the time your grandfathered in, but don't count on it. If you are using a Connect Pack with your Smartphone and it gets removed in error or if you temporarily switch phones, Verizon will not put it back on.

I have an Alltel plan and Verizon phone. You may get to keep your plan, but you will lose have to select from Verizon features for a Verizon phone plus you may lose some of the features of your plan. For example, you will have to take off your $25 Alltel tethering feature and add the Verizon equivalent whatever they charge for it...I think it is $30 but not for sure. You will probably have the 5 GB limit too. Without it, you will be charged per MB for data without it on a Verizon phone. There is no option for minutes for data on any Verizon dumb or smartphone with .html browser regardless of what your plan allows. At least that is my experience. Hope that information helps you with your decision.

P.S.
    EnV3
    EnV2
    Moto V3m

Device(s)
    Mine: Ve20
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel------VZW Now
    Feedback Score
    I also have the $25 phone as a modem added to my ve20 on our family account. I was also wondering how this would work once my bill is converted to verizon. For alltel this feature covers all data usage no matter what. I dont have the axcess mobile web its useless to me. I just use my phone as a modem for Internet to my laptop most of the time. I sometimes share it to a router if friends bring over their laptop.

I was wondering how this would work if I ever did get a Verizon phone. This data plan covers all data usage for tethering and also on the phone itself. It would be nice to get a smart phone once I am merged into the verizon billing system. I would just like to keep the alltel family plan I have now with the $25 unlimited data plan added to it.

Device(s)
    EnV3
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Here is a link to some information on Mobile Broadband Connect Prices...

Device(s)
    Mine: Ve20
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel------VZW Now
    Feedback Score
    The way verizon does things they will probably required the $49.99 Mobile Broadband Connect for tethering on an alltel plan. I want to keep my alltel plan indefinitely. If I cant use the same tether plan with a verizon phone on my alltel plan I will just get alltel phones somewhere. My account gets transitioned on october 19th so ill see then what will happen.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    So which one of those plans would the Smart Choice plan be, the $15 or $30?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    $30