Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remote Desktop?

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2649; U; en))

after i downloaded that small download it didnt do anything else i logged into the site wit my windows name and password and it jus loaded up a blank screen.

what is the cab file that gets downloaded? is it a program im suppose to run? if so i dont see it in my program menu at all
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2649; U; en))

after i downloaded that small download it didnt do anything else i logged into the site wit my windows name and password and it jus loaded up a blank screen.

what is the cab file that gets downloaded? is it a program im suppose to run? if so i dont see it in my program menu at all

You have the desktop application opened/running?
    From Windows Mobile Internet Explorer try to log in to your account. When you try to log in and remote control your desktop. It should automatically try to download and install the app. The downloaded CAB file is on the WinMo device in the My Documents directory. Try using file explorer to find and execute it. The file is called RaCtrlCE.cab. Normally it is executed and installed automatically.
    I found everything to be very automated and easy. Been using it for many years and now it is installed on my xv6800 with WM6.1.

The program that is installed is in the background and attached to Pocket Internet Explorer. You may want to go to 'settings' / 'remove programs' to see if it installed. Called LogMeIn Remote Control.

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Orwig
    You have the desktop application opened/running?
    From Windows Mobile Internet Explorer try to log in to your account. When you try to log in and remote control your desktop. It should automatically try to download and install the app. The downloaded CAB file is on the WinMo device in the My Documents directory. Try using file explorer to find and execute it. The file is called RaCtrlCE.cab. Normally it is executed and installed automatically.
    I found everything to be very automated and easy. Been using it for many years and now it is installed on my xv6800 with WM6.1.

The program that is installed is in the background and attached to Pocket Internet Explorer. You may want to go to 'settings' / 'remove programs' to see if it installed. Called LogMeIn Remote Control.
    thanks i got it working but the keyboard on my tp isnt working an when i bring up the on screen qwerty its not working either. I was trying to open up windows media player but that didnt work either

edit: after fooling around with it the navigation through the desktop is kinda laggy but its coo for what its worth. The background of the desktop changes to all black like the computer is running in safe mode.

the video of the remote desktop mobile program seemed to move a little smoother and had the option to have all audio from the computer come through the phone is this possible with log me in?

is there anyway to get the settings from logmein and put them in remote desktop to get that up and running? i'd like to compare the 2 programs but remote desktop is difficult to set up

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (1) [ ROOTED, 2.1, STOCK ] / Samsung i910 (Omnia) / Motorola Q9m / Samsung U450
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I use Z2PC Remote Desktop on my WM 2003 SE PPC via WiFi. Works great.
    I'm on FACEBOOK !
    EV-DO IS FINALLY IN MY AREA!! YEA (as of 6/13/08)!!

-

(http://nnewmanmusic.net)
    Stream FM Radio to Voyager, Dare, LG EnV3 and LG EnV Touch, HOW TO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7MJpa9q00 - NEWLY REDONE!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would agree that LogMeIn is not a good program to use for video or audio. It is optimized to be fast for real computing.

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i was able to get logmein to work but now im still trying to figure out remote desktop on my touch pro 2 now and still no luck? i dont know what else could be wrong?

i set my computer up to let remote desktop work, got into my router and selected my computers ip to work with remote desktop but i got lost at these port forwarding settings

this is where i got lost .....i went into my firewalls and manually entered remote desktop

then i got this menu

"
    Profile Name
    Enter a name for the application profile that you are creating.
    Application Name: Remote Desktop

Definition
    Choose a protocol and enter the port(s) for this application, then click ADD DEFINITION to add the definition to the Definition List. If the application requires multiple ports or both TCP and UDP ports, you will need to add multiple definitions.
    Note: In some rare instances, certain application types require specialized firewall changes in addition to simple port forwarding. If the application you are adding appears in the application type menu below, it is recommended that you select it.

Protocol: TCP (i have to pick tcp or udp) UDP Port (or Range):

Protocol Timeout (seconds):

TCP default 86400
    UDP default 600 Map to Host Port:

Default = the same port as defined above. Application Type:"

i dont know what to do with this part and i think this is what might be stopping me from getting it working

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The default port for RDP is 3389
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    Getting through your router's firewall is the only other step you have to do to get Remote Desktop working over the internet; windows automatically adds the exception so once you free up port 3389 on your router, you're good to go. show us a screenshot of this page if you can't figure it out; what you should be telling it to do is forward TCP Any to TCP 3389 and UDP Any to UDP 3389.

also I reread the first page of the thread and you said you had Vista Home Premium, which doesn't have the capability to be a remote desktop server - unless this is a different computer with a supported OS.

Feedback Score
    I can't Ping my IP address and 3389 from Verizon 3G connection for Remote Desktop from my Droid X. I spoke to Verizon, and it appears that all that is opened via the 3G network is Port 80 for web browsing. The tech support rep indicated that you have to have a static IP address in order to ping ports outside of port 80. I am not sure I believe his statement. I am sure having a static IP on Verizon is more $ per month.

Skype works great, but they make a phone call into their network and then control access to to the host PC via their servers. I think this is the only way to setup Remote Desktop is to use an app that is controlled by servers making the connection probably via port 80.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Try teamviewer, it works fine on my vzw fascinate with no port issues.

Feedback Score
    Does it support sound?

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2