Thread: major problem with bold

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

major problem with bold

Twice this week I have made calls to multiple people and they could not hear me at all (the mic isn't working at all). I've had to remove the battery and it works fine. Hasn't ever happened before this week and I've had it since November. I'm running AT&T version 4.6.0.297. Any ideas or suggestions?
    vbush75901
    AT&T Mobility

Device(s)
    Blacked Out Bold (1st non SE phone in 3 years :O)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Have you changed your bezel?
    The same thing happened to my friend when he blacked out his bold. he somehow managed to damage the mic when he was putting the bezel back on

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Didn't ATT pull .297 due to bugs? Not sure what the bugs were but was it OK with .292?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwaiting
    Didn't ATT pull .297 due to bugs? Not sure what the bugs were but was it OK with .292?
    Looks like AT&T went back to .167. One of the problems i noticed with the 297 is when I charge it, I do not see the charge icon. The phone charges but no charge icon.

Update, reinstalled 167. lost the extras and the VVM. The charge icon works everytime now. Go Figure
    Last edited by pazzo76; 09-07-2009 at 12:10 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pazzo76
    Looks like AT&T went back to .167. One of the problems i noticed with the 297 is when I charge it, I do not see the charge icon. The phone charges but no charge icon.

Update, reinstalled 167. lost the extras and the VVM. The charge icon works everytime now. Go Figure
    You would think that is something the testers would have noticed before they released it to all customers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by payroll
    You would think that is something the testers would have noticed before they released it to all customers
    You would think. When I first tried to charge my phone after the update I through the AC adapter went bad. Wonder how long it will be before we get a solid uodate so We can start using the VVM again. I really liked that featuere. The extra memory was also a plus.

Device(s)
    Galaxy note 2
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    Had this also recently. ATT kept sending me repaired replacements that were just the same. I ended up buying a new one from them for $100. Working fine now.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I left the .297 OS update on my BB Bold, as I wasn't having any problems with it, and I love the new VVM feature.

Device(s)
    Galaxy note 2
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    ? What is the VVM feature?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Phil
    ? What is the VVM feature?
    Visual Voicemail is available from AT&T with this new update. However, the update was pulled.

Device(s)
    LG Quantum
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    I'm still using 297, but I've had one instance of my wife not being able to hear me for the first 5 seconds or so of a call. At the time, I figured it was just a problem with my bluetooth headset.

I've only had one random restart since installing this OS (used to have them all the time with 167, and I never had any app memory, whereas with 297 app memory is always in good shape).

I'm sticking with this OS for now unless the mic issue turns out to be more common than I realize. I've talked for several hundred minutes since installing 297 though and only had a problem one time, and as I said it was only for a few seconds.