Thread: Prepaid data in France

Feedback Score

Prepaid data in France

I'm looking for a prepaid data plan for a few days in France. I won't need a tremendous amount of data (no streaming video or the like, and my present phone does not have 3g that works in Europe, so I'll be stuck on GPRS).

Would Orange be a good choice? What do they charge? Any other suggestions?

I'll also be in London and Brussels. TMobile UK or Vodaphone seem the best for prepaid data in London, and roaming charges to France and Belgium are not the worst, but I'd prefer something cheaper if possible.

Device(s)
    Yes, please
    Carrier(s)
    Self-providing
    Feedback Score
    I was in France over the summer, and their pre-paid packages were kind of expensive, I think just to buy the SIM card with a little time on it was starting at 20EUR. I think the prices were the same for all operators.

You can find more here:
    http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_fr.shtml

Maybe you could get a cheaper deal in UK or belgium and roam with that one in france?
    Understand communication:Cellular, Satellite, WiFi/IP, VOIP:
    Visit: RadioRaiders

Cellumap: Make your own cellular coverage plots:
    Visit: Cellumap <--Now for BlackBerry!!

Feedback Score
    I'm starting in the UK. TMO UK roaming charge is 1.5 GPB per mb. Vodaphone UK roaming is 5 GPB/day for 25mb. I'm only going to be in France for 3-4 days, so these seem better deals, especially since the UK carriers don't charge for SIMs.

Daily charge in the UK is only .5-1 GBP/day, which is a nice price.

Device(s)
    32Gb iPhone 3G S⃣ - white
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Buy Orange UK top up voucher in US?

Does anyone one know where I can buy an Orange UK top up voucher online while I am here in the US? I can't use my US credit card on the orange website it seems.