Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Problems With HTC Hero Keyboard On The G1

For those of you that have seen this thread in the MyTouch section:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6&page=1&pp=15

It is possibly and easy to install the HTC Hero on screen keyboard on the G1 and MyTouch. I did so on my G1 and it blows away the android on screen keyboard but I found some issues not addressed in that thread that are G1 specific.

1) My battery life dropped big when I installed it - I usually charge my phone once a day and I've been having to charge it twice a day since I installed it.

2) With that keyboard selected, the external keyboard got a little funky - autocorrect stopped working a majority of the time and when it did work, I would also get on screen word choices as well as keyboard click sounds.

Has anyone else tried this on a G1 and had anything like this happen? I've uninstalled it for now and everything seems find (I'll know about the battery life later) but I would really like to use this keyboard if there is any workaround.

And before anyone asks, my G1 is not rooted.

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok - The Hero Keyboard was not the cause of the battery drain. My guess on that is now the update to Twidroid or MySpace or possibly WeatherBug which I just installed the day before the keyboard (though I do have notifications off).

So now the question is, is there a way to get the external keyboard to work correctly when the Hero keyboard is selected.