Thread: Treo 650: "Data unavailable while roaming", refuses to load new PRL via CDMAUpdater

Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score

Treo 650: "Data unavailable while roaming", refuses to load new PRL via CDMAUpdater

Hey, all, having a touch of difficulty here and I don't know if anyone could help out.

I've got a Verizon 650 here running on Sprint (don't ask how) with a couple issues. The phone's roaming as I'd expect of it, but I can't load a Sprint PRL into the phone. For some reason, it won't take the PRL over the one in the device (PRL 50445).

And on top of that, I can't get any form of 1x data - "Data is unavailable while roaming". Any way to force it to use data while roaming?

Unfortunately I don't have the serial cable everyone talks about - nor can I find someone on the cheap to buy one from.

Device(s)
    Treo 700p (prev. Treo 650, e815, e816)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo
    .....Unfortunately I don't have the serial cable everyone talks about - nor can I find someone on the cheap to buy one from.
    Do you want to make one? Then search this forum for "serial cable".

Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    I suck at anything involving soldering. I'd rather a way to force the damn thing to take the Sprint PRL with CDMAUpdater...