Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enabling Internet Access on the Samsung Smooth (AKA: SCH-U350)

Feedback Score

Enabling Internet Access on the Samsung Smooth (AKA: SCH-U350)

This is what I did to enable web access on the Samsung Smooth:

1) I had previously recovered the Service Programming Code, and changed it to 000000. I changed it to 000000 by entering the settings and tools menu (Menu, 9) , pressing * and entering the recovered SPC, then pressing 5. Enter 000000, OK, and the 000000 when prompted. (I don't know if this is necessary, but I did it, so I'm including it).

2) Download and install Samsung PST, and the U350.dll file. As mentioned elsewhere, Google is your friend here (hint, you may have to open a free account on some other forum to get the dll file).

3) Connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable.

4) In Samsung PST select the SCH-U350.

5) Select the Settting tab.

6) Press the Select All button.

7) Press the Read From Phone button.

8) After all the data is read, the phone resets, turn it back on.

9) In the WAP2_Browser Requirements section, change the following:

a) Domain Server Primary: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com
    b) Domain Server Secondary: ppcgw2.vzwreseller.com

10) I also set my Home Url to www.google.com, but that doesn't always seem to work for some reason.

11) Press the Write to Phone Button, and wait for this to complete.

Web should work now.

For reference The other settings on my phone are as follows (I didn't change any of these):
    All Ports are 8080
    the HTTP Auth Usernames are both my Mobile Identification Number as found under Settings and Tools/Phone Info/My Number.
    HTTP Auth Password is vzw in both cases.
    UAProfile URL is http://uaprof.vtext.com/sch/u350/u350.xml.

In other threads, the LXL port is set to something different than 8080. I did not do this.

Regards,

Hans

Device(s)
    Sasmsung GS7e
    Carrier(s)
    PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    LXL I believe is 443

Device(s)
    Verizon Blitz
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Looks good. Would recommend posting up screen shots if you could since it will help other users out tremendously.

Feedback Score
    The software versions I used are as follows:

Samsung PST: V1.0.002

I didn't change the LXL port, it doesn't seem to be necessary. In another post I read, someone had changed it, and that *didn't* work, so I didn't change it when I tried this.

As for screen shots, I'll try to do some as time allows. Maybe someone else attempting this procedure could do the screen shots as they go along, and repost my instructions with those included. For that purpose, anyone can consider my directions as licensed under Creative Commons, non-commercial, share-alike (this means you can use my work in your posts, you have to allow the same for others for the combined work, and you can't sell the combined work).

Regards,

Hans

Feedback Score

can't edit domain server settings?

Thanks for the easy instructions (and the thread about recovering the programming code). I was able to read everything from my phone and turned the phone back on, but when I go to the WAP2_Browser_Requirements section, the settings for the domain servers are highlighted grey and it won't let me change them. I'm using version 1.0.015 of PST if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

..Kevin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fwivot
    Thanks for the easy instructions (and the thread about recovering the programming code). I was able to read everything from my phone and turned the phone back on, but when I go to the WAP2_Browser_Requirements section, the settings for the domain servers are highlighted grey and it won't let me change them. I'm using version 1.0.015 of PST if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

..Kevin

I'm sorry to have taken so long to reply. I can't comment on your issue other than to recommend you try to track down the version of Samsung PST that I used. I didn't notice the same issue you reported on the version I used. I forget where I downloaded it from, but I think it was on the first page of Google links when I searched for Samsung PST.

Regards,

Hans

Feedback Score
    Thanks for getting back to me. It was my fault. I'm still learning about this stuff and it turns out I was using PST LITE. I installed the full version and now it's working perfectly. Thanks again for posting the easy tutorial!

..Kevin

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    iPhone 7 Plus - Sprint SERO
    iPhone 6 Plus - Altice (testing)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Thanks Hans. Finally got it going. Kevin, appreciate you posting your solution to to your problem. I was having the same issue until I read your post about using the full version on PST

-Anyone know if you can change the browser. Doesn't seem to be as nice as the one that came with my old samsung mm-a900

Device(s)
    Sasmsung GS7e
    Carrier(s)
    PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thesandman2
    Anyone know if you can change the browser. Doesn't seem to be as nice as the one that came with my old samsung mm-a900
    Technically I am sure it could be done, but from experience it would be way over most of our heads. You would have to rewrite the firmware for the phone and I dont see anybody doing anything like that for free. My suggestion would be to buy a phone that has a browser you like and see if you can make it work on Page Plus.
    Buy me a coffee for my hard work

BTC: 14ceMtQxYxp8bS7VpePDj5M91xD6wnnckz

LTC: LSguPujsHRmphLsHCWGR3jR5Lx39WVTNjR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pc-tech101
    Technically I am sure it could be done, but from experience it would be way over most of our heads. You would have to rewrite the firmware for the phone and I dont see anybody doing anything like that for free. My suggestion would be to buy a phone that has a browser you like and see if you can make it work on Page Plus.

Thanks for the reply PC-Tech. From what I can make out, part of the problem is that this phone does not support java, which is a bit of a stumbling block in terms of making easy upgrades and goes back to what you are saying. This is such a great phone otherwise (get great reception with it)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pc-tech101
    Another similar option would be to go with a smart phone where you can change the browser. I know that there is more than one Windows Mobil browser available (though I'm not a big fan of Windows Mobil). I will get either a WinMo phone or a RIM if I ever get the time to deal with a new phone for exactly this reason. More than likely I won't find time until something better enough comes along to motivate me to find the time (currently I use a Palm TX via locally available open WiFi hot-spots).

Regards,

Hans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipItCellular
    You can find it over at mobile-files
    I got the driver on a disk with the cable I bought from Bargaincell. I've ordered a few items from them with good luck, and it was under $10 I believe.

As for the Samsung PST, I think you can find that by searching for the version noted in one of my previous posts in this thread with Google. I seem to remember having to register at the site that I downloaded it from.

Regards,

Hans

Feedback Score
    Why use this convoluted software + cable method vs. the easy breezy no software needed method?

I can't find the thread so I C&P it:

Easy-breezy Internet on Samsung Smooth SCH-U350 - NO additional software required! We got this cheapy phone to test PP service for my husband, and I was too lazy to order a cable from the Internet or download complicated software, so after several hours of web searching I found out how Internet can be enabled on it just by pressing some phone phone buttons and changing hidden menus!

--------------------------------------

Enabling Internet on Pre-Paid Verizon Samsung Smooth SCH-U350

To make necessary changes, first we need to enable hidden menues.

Go to Menu, press 9 (Settings and Tools), then press #
    A "User Lock" screen appears. Enter all six zeroes: 000000

Here we get into hidden System Info menu.
    Select 2 (Port Map) and click on it. In this menu press *
    Another "User Lock" screen appears. Enter 0103219211

Now we are in a Param Editor menu.
    Click on 2 (Userprefs Editor).
    The first item there will be Hidden menus. Change 0 to 1, click OK and exit the menu.

Now hidden menues are enabled and we can change Internet settings for Page Plus.

Go to Main Menu, choose 1 (Media center). There highlight Mobile Web (4) (don't press on it!) and press #
    "Enter Phone Lock Code" screen appears. Enter 4 last digits of your phone number.

Now we are in the Browser settings menu.
    The settings should be the following:

1. Primary DNS (only options 3 and 6 should be changed)
    1. HTTP Proxy Port: 8080
    2. E2E Port: 8080
    3. LXL Port: 443
    4. HTTP Username: (your phone number - don't change it!)
    5. HTTP Password: vzw
    6. Primary DNS: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com

2. Secondary DNS (all settings same as above except for option 6)
    6. Secondary DNS: ppcgw2.vzreseller.com

3. Primary IP (no need to change anything)

4. Secondary IP (no need to change anything)

5. Common Settings (no need to change anything). Make sure that option 1 Home URL is http://homepage

That's all! Enjoy your internet!

Feedback Score
    Found the orig HoFo thread I C&P.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=easy-breezy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast