Thread: C905a Quick Question

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

C905a Quick Question

I'm going to get the C905a on AT&T and debrand it and I was wondering a couple of things.

I plan on getting unlimited data and messaging so I was wondering is there an application I can use for the GPS? I don't want to pay anything extra, I was wondering if there was a program I can just download and use for turn by turn directions.

Also how is the web browser? Does anyone use OperaMini on it?

Thanks a lot,
    Joseh

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Joseh-
    I got a c905a at the att store just 2 days ago and debranded it that night.

When you debrand it with the newest available firmware, google maps 3.0.0 will be installed in the 'location services' menu on the phone. As for turn by turn apps, just search the forum (I think wayfinder nav is available for it but I'm not sure as I only use google maps.).

The built-in browser seems like the same as it's always been on SE's. Pretty decent... I did install opera mini and it works well (again - as it does on all se's).

The debranded fw also has a youtube app that works fine through wifi, but you'll have to do a simple mod to get it to work with att. It's one that's done w/ a2uploader as well.

Good luck - you'll like it debranded.

HoFo member number 284654

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I debranded it the other night with a2uploader. Mainly to use my own ringtones and for wifi. Nice surprise but it also unlocks the games that came preloaded on the phone. The built in browser is kind of lame, but it works. I'll look more into getting opera mini

Device(s)
    Nokia N8, BBB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone and Telegraph
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavid216
    I'm going to get the C905a on AT&T and debrand it and I was wondering a couple of things.

I plan on getting unlimited data and messaging so I was wondering is there an application I can use for the GPS? I don't want to pay anything extra, I was wondering if there was a program I can just download and use for turn by turn directions.
    WayFinder Navigator is pre-installed, and is free for use at least during a 30-day trial period. I have not yet experienced what happens after this.

Another good/free one is AmazeGPS. I have used this on several other phones previously (even ones w/o built-in GPS by way of a Bluetooth GPS module), and it works well.

The built-in browser is "decent". No Adobe Flash (though the phone itself uses Flash for transition effects etc), but otherwise quite capable.

Opera Mini is of course excellent, as it is on any phone.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    is the debrand process for the c905 the same as what i did for my w760?

I used this one to debrand my W760

http://sharkypr.net/node/320#comment-8

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If i buy the C905, and debrand it.. do I need to call AT&T to switch my account from my W760 to the c905?

or i just simply remove the SIM from my W760, and put it in the new C905?
    and, can I switch back just by putting the SIM back into my W760?

thanks

Device(s)
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier(s)
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No need to call. Switch all you want.

P L E A S E D O N O T C L I C K O N T H E I M A G E A B O V E !

Device(s)
    c905a
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx
    Joseh-

When you debrand it with the newest available firmware, google maps 3.0.0 will be installed in the 'location services' menu on the phone. As for turn by turn apps, just search the forum (I think wayfinder nav is available for it but I'm not sure as I only use google maps.).

The built-in browser seems like the same as it's always been on SE's. Pretty decent... I did install opera mini and it works well (again - as it does on all se's).

The debranded fw also has a youtube app that works fine through wifi, but you'll have to do a simple mod to get it to work with att. It's one that's done w/ a2uploader as well.

bluecalx - which firmware did you use? was it for the c905a or a c905?

where did you get it?

thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Joseph,

I debranded using the C905 LAM Silver/Ice from Davinci. It was very fast and easy. I followed Sletness's "debranding the C905 for newbies" in this forum. I would like the CV back, but I can't find how to get to it, but since others seemed to have done it, Iam sure I will find out, too.

I use the Google maps that came with the debranding under location services as BlueCalx mentioned. I am also looking for Where and Yelp. I liked them both under the AT&T brand. I hope I can get them separately.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavid216

Thanks a lot,
    Joseh
    You can download Google maps 3.0 from internet free of charge,then install it to your Sonyericsson C905.

Device(s)
    c905a
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by chrlsrchrdsn
    Joseph,

I debranded using the C905 LAM Silver/Ice from Davinci. It was very fast and easy. I followed Sletness's "debranding the C905 for newbies" in this forum. I would like the CV back, but I can't find how to get to it, but since others seemed to have done it, Iam sure I will find out, too.
    i did this to get cv back. works for me

found this on another forum, works for me.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/...thread.id=43581

make sure you go to the link identified as "here" for the proper internet settings.

only difference is you have to navigate to the site with your browser rather that having the cv listed under "media" in options.

maybe someone can figure out how to place it there where it was before de-branding.

Device(s)
    N95-3 in for repair HTC hero replaced
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T with microcell to come
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My internet over the ATT network stopped working and for the life of me I can not get it going again.I searched and cant find any answers.I debranded the phone with davinci team all was good for like a month and I gave the phone to my daughter and it still worked with her sim card but when I added unlimited data to her sim the internet stopped connecting,The message I get is that something is wrong with the page I am trying to view. I did a full reset an had the settings from Sony texted to me like I did before and still nothing. I went to tier 2 at customer service at att and still not working. I also have changed the settings manualy to the ones that are in my HTC Hero but still nothing. Do I need to change the firmware with this sim card in it to get it working or what should I try next ...Help my daughter hates me now.
    PS it still works great over Wi Fi
    W 810i,N95-3,c905a debranded love this little phone with Opera MINI,HTC HERO I got Att 3G Phone from here--->timbit6002 from HoFo he is trusted

Device(s)
    N95-3 in for repair HTC hero replaced
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T with microcell to come
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

fixed it was smart limits for wireless stoping it

Quote Originally Posted by burger1002
    My internet over the ATT network stopped working and for the life of me I can not get it going again.I searched and cant find any answers.I debranded the phone with davinci team all was good for like a month and I gave the phone to my daughter and it still worked with her sim card but when I added unlimited data to her sim the internet stopped connecting,The message I get is that something is wrong with the page I am trying to view. I did a full reset an had the settings from Sony texted to me like I did before and still nothing. I went to tier 2 at customer service at att and still not working. I also have changed the settings manualy to the ones that are in my HTC Hero but still nothing. Do I need to change the firmware with this sim card in it to get it working or what should I try next ...Help my daughter hates me now.
    PS it still works great over Wi Fi
    att smart limits for wireless was blocking the internet on the phone

Device(s)
    Nokia
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx
    Joseh-

Very usefull informations! I want to do this too

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by chrlsrchrdsn View Post
    Joseph,

I use the Google maps that came with the debranding under location services as BlueCalx mentioned. I am also looking for Where and Yelp. I liked them both under the AT&T brand. I hope I can get them separately.
    works fine debranded bye bye att crap w hidden features wi fi works and gps w google maps works fine and cv works fine