Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is it Sprint or is it Palm? (low Pre sales)

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by solorun
    There is only one reason why I won't switch to an everything plan. PHONE AS MODEM. That is the one thing I can't legitmately get with the simply everything. I can pay an extra $50 to get it on each phone which would cost me an extra $150/month. I can do a hack but i like having it legit for free. But i like having it on 3 phones for free. Oh they do get about $130 a month from me and i'm on a powerpack family 2100, Not SERO.
    There are three legitimate codes for PAM (phone-as-modem): a $40 PAM add-on, a $15 PAM add-on, and a $0 PAM add-on (now fully expired; old Retentions offer). The $40 add-on is the older commercially available one, and the $15 one is a little newer. Sprint, though, has been offering these less and less because they cannibalize their data card business.

Device(s)
    Epic
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've had two different free codes. One stand alone (expired like you said). One that includes tv and radio because they took off the standalone by mistake and couldn't get it back on (still works the same). Anyway you slice it, it will cost me at least $45 more a month for 3 phones. That would bring my total to at least $175/month plus less minutes. Those old powerpack family plans had a good amount of minutes to share.

Device(s)
    Triumph
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by solorun
    There is only one reason why I won't switch to an everything plan. PHONE AS MODEM. That is the one thing I can't legitmately get with the simply everything. I can pay an extra $50 to get it on each phone which would cost me an extra $150/month.
    That is a change Sprint could make to the everything plans. They should include tethering IMO.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora
    That is a change Sprint could make to the everything plans. They should include tethering IMO.
    They won't do that simply because it would cannibalize data card sales.

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora
    Every SERO pundit can come up with an infinite number of rationalizations as to why Sprint pays nothing for a phone, and it costs nothing to provide service ... therefore any cost over $0 is a great profit for Sprint.

If you are a SERO user, I'm certain Palm makes $100 for every Pre it manufactures and sells for $0 to Sprint. Sprint then makes $1,000 for every Pre it gives away. Thus the SERO plan is outrageously expensive. ... I've got it, I understand the SERO mentality.

I know I'm late to this, but I've been busy and don't feel comfortable just leaving this here without a rebuttal.

The portion of your post that deals with subsidy speculation I agree with to a point, but I don't think I deserve to have my character (or "mentality") assailed just because you assume I'm a SERO user. Do I have a Sprint phone on a SERO plan? Yes. I also have one on a SWAC plan, and one on a regular consumer rate plan. So you needn't turn your nose up at me. I'm "profitable."

Agreed with everyone else who says the SERO witch hunt is beyond tiresome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5