Thread: Using Bluetooth Headset over WiFi

Feedback Score

Question Using Bluetooth Headset over WiFi

Generally speaking is there a problem using a bluetooth headset over a WiFi connection? I was on my new Samsung T339 once using a bluetooth headset over my home WiFi connection and the phone simply dropped the connection after about 2 minutes of conversation.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    bluetooth and WiFi- coexistence issue. (share same 2.4GHz band)
    it is the industry issue, not only you have the issue.
    Some work around solutions, but most of them are not working well ...
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Device(s)
    Nokia 6086
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Generally speaking, no. Many cell phones are able to do bluetooth and wifi at the same time. In fact, you're often standing in a giant field of wifi using your bluetooth even if your phone isn't participating!

More specifically, some (many?) of the phones are reported to have issues with doing bluetooth and wifi at the same time. Sometimes people were able to use different bluetooth earpieces to improve the coexistence. Sometimes only switching to a different model of phone helped.

There are plenty of success and failure stories in the history of this forum.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Early Samsung and Nokia models couldn't be used over UMA and BT. In fact, T-M wouldn't sell you the Nokia brand BT headset w. the lst generation Nokia UMA (6086).
    Never had much trouble w. BB 820 or 8900.

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler
    Early Samsung and Nokia models couldn't be used over UMA and BT. In fact, T-M wouldn't sell you the Nokia brand BT headset w. the lst generation Nokia UMA (6086).
    how many ppl actually purchased BT headset from T-mobile ?
    BT and Wi-FI coexistence issue is the tough one.
    basic to avoid as possible is to adjust you Wi-Fi to highest channel as possible (channel 15 for JP band is good to go, see if your phone can see the signal).