Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I choose new number when changing numbers?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I also have never charged for a number change, regardless of tenure. We are "supposed" to charge it on port-in's too if number has been in service more than 30 days.

As for Google Voice... I fail to see any connection to the OP's discussion lol.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless (postpaid),
    Feedback Score
    A couple of years ago I ported in a VOIP number I had to AT&T Wireless. Reason for this was it ended with three zeros (000) and was within my local area. It was OK with the VOIP company, (I believe now your provider can't block a port although there are other issues that can cause trouble), and there was no CLEC or rate center issues. Initially AT&T gave me a hard time because the VOIP company didn't use account numbers (they wanted one), just telephone numbers. But the port did go through as everything matched.

As far as costs, AT&T didn't charged me a penny for the port in. I've done the same with T-Mobile, and no port-in fees with them either.

About Google Voice: I've read they don't allow port-ins as of yet, but don't give you problems in porting out. If one gets multiple Google Voice accounts for the sole purpose of searching for a number to port to a cellphone, that should work. I say "should," because issues can crop up (well discussed on BroadbandReports).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2