Thread: Samsng T339 won't connet to WiFi

Feedback Score

Samsng T339 won't connet to WiFi

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router. My Samsung t339 will discover and list my WiFi by it's correct name but when I key in the passphrase I get an error W010. I'm well within range of my router. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm well within distance of the router, even placed the phone a few feet away and still no luck.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    W010 is most likely a problem with your WEP/WPA security key. Double check it...

Feedback Score
    It's the same key I used to connect with other devices that I have no problem with.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If it's WEP, make sure you use the hex value, as there was no standard for hashing string-based keys across manufacturers.

Regardless, temporarily try shutting off security on the router. I'll bet it'll connect, which means that there's something wonky with the key (either the aforementioned hashing, or improper key type selection -- WPA vs. WPA2, TKIP vs. AES, etc).

Feedback Score
    I tried disabling security and it still did not connect. I'm using WPA-TKIP, which is the security I've had set up for more than a year with no problems.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Problem Solved!

After repeatedly going through my web setup, to see what the cause of this problem could be, I decided to try changing the Wireless Mode from G ONLY to MIXED. That solved the issue. I tested this by switching between G ONLY and MIXED, each time it was in G ONLY mode, I got the error message connection failed error W010. It only connets in MIXED mode.

I thought the Samsung T339 operated in G mode also but apparently not.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if I am having this same issue on my Nokia 6309, going to try this.

Feedback Score
    travanx,

I'm curious, let me know if that works for you also.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No that didn't work. I tried each combination of B/G/N that my router allows. Also did that with encryption turned off. I still can't get the Nokia 6309 to work.

Feedback Score
    Before changing to MIXED mode, turning my security OFF did NOT work for me either.

Does your router have a MIXED mode which allows for ALL the combinations B/G and N?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes it's a D-Link DGL-4500 and can do all combos of the 3 modes. Might have to go back to my blackberry. But in my opinion all I need is a phone that can talk anywhere. A blackberry is awful for that purpose.

Device(s)
    Shadow 2009
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Make sure your router is not set to short preamble. This setting makes no difference to the Shadow 2, Nokia 6301, Nokia 6086, Nokia 7510 or BB 8220, but for some reason prevents the t339 from connecting.