Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The best mobile phone manufacturer

Device(s)
    Samsung GT-S3310, Samsung SGH-E250
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Opinions will vary. I just want users opinion.

Device(s)
    Samsung SGS II i9100 /Note 2 N7100/Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    ATT since before they went Orange....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itsakjt
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-E250/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Hey guys, i think Samsung is the best mobile phone manufacturer. Just think about their improvements since 2007. What do you think?
    I think Samsung makes great refrigerators and LCD TVs......
    SMART PHONE TEST
    ATT since before Cingular
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    GT-N7100

Omega v7.2 JB - 4.1.2 XXDLJ2

Kernel: XXDLJ2
    Modem: XXDLJ2

64GB Sandisk class 6

Ebay-Tombo7777
    Previous, N82,N95-2,N95-4, N97 iPhone 3GS, Captivate, SGSII i9100, ATT Note SGH-i777 Sold $475 Note N7000 Sold $340

Device(s)
    Samsung SGS II i9100 /Note 2 N7100/Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    ATT since before they went Orange....
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-E250/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Again, when a Nokia is dropped on the ground, why should the battery door open and the have the battery pulled out? Drop a samsung phone and see if this occurs. This marks the build quality of Nokia. And Nokia's hardware is not that good. Symbian do not run good on Nokias. Sometimes becomes very slow and freeze even. Nokia hardware is totally crap. The thing they do is that they load the Symbian OS on a crappy hardware to add more features and attract the user. Samsung software gives some features give other manufacturers fail to give like mobile tracker, emergency SOS alert and so on. Nokia is earning comments just because of fame.
    NOooooo. Do NOT drop a Samsung.....Not even once..

Device(s)
    Nokia E71x
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit
    Wrong. It came off because it was made to deliberate come off as a way to absorb shock. Yeah I've seen Samsung phones being dropped. My daughter used two Samsung phones---one broken, another completely scratched up---and now she's using a Blackberry Storm, which she is much happier with. It seems less people is buying Samsung anymore in our island, and whatever Samsung is still being sold is left over stock. Yet, carriers and dealers in our island are still carrying more LG.

I doubt there is a Samsung phone that is comparable to the build and quality of a Nokia E71.
    You enjoy picking up all the pieces putting them back together? I've had Samsungs and Nokias fall, and sometimes the battery popped out and sometimes it didn't. Personally, I'd rather have the battery stay safely inside the phone rather than see it pop out and get dirty, wet, and/or scratched, and simultaneously see the battery cover go flying across the ground, getting scratched all over as well.

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul5867
    You enjoy picking up all the pieces putting them back together? I've had Samsungs and Nokias fall, and sometimes the battery popped out and sometimes it didn't. Personally, I'd rather have the battery stay safely inside the phone rather than see it pop out and get dirty, wet, and/or scratched, and simultaneously see the battery cover go flying across the ground, getting scratched all over as well.
    No. The battery stayed within the phone, in all five times. The cover did came off. But the whole phone---not even a scratch. In all five drops. Imagine the kind of impact on a concrete floor that would force open a battery cover and the phone not even a scratch. Heck, didn't even reboot.

Right now, I got my daughter's Samsung, a slider that looks like of like a Nokia E66, trying to recharge it for a trip so I can borrow it to someone. No. The phone failed. Yet my brother's Blackberry Curve of the same chronological vintage still works. Going to lend out my old LG Shine instead. The Shine is a lot better built, except for the thin metal keyboard that shows denting from hard texting.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    Motorola. The inventor, the originator. Lately they have fallen behind I know but still.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm2 9550 (Telus) OS: 5.0.0.451/.497 OOAKPDC Hybrid
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pica0029
    Best for Messaging: RIM (far and away the best for email, messaging, etc.)
    Best Built Quality: Varies (they all make great phones and crappy phones)
    Best Camera Phones: Sony Ericsson (consistently, although there are some exceptions)
    Best simple OS: Nokia (always simple and stable)
    Best Smartphone OS: RIM or Apple (Windows mobile sucks for me)
    Best Looking Phones: Samsung or Nokia's 8800 Series
    Best Music Phones: Sony Ericsson
    Best Touchscreen Phones: Apple

Best Overall is very subjective. I'd go with Sony Ericsson for their consistency.
    I like this set up, I'm going to borrow it.

Best for Messaging: RIM. (You can't really say no to this. These guys have every kind of messaging on lockdown.)
    Best Built Quality: Everyone has a few crappy phones, but I'd have to say either Sony Ericsson or Nokia. (in my own / family / friends experiences)
    Best Camera Phones: Whoever. Every phone has a camera now, most are above 2mp, they're all good.
    Best simple OS: Motorola. (I always found my Razr very very easy to use for anything I needed. Even bluetooth when it was new.)
    Best Smartphone OS: RIM. (Multiple apps > iPhone* (*Haven't tried the 3GS yet, this is based on the 3G))
    Best Looking Phones: Hmm..LG or HTC. (They've both made some pretty sexy phones.)
    Best Music Phones: Sony Ericsson. (No questions here.)
    Best Touchscreen Phones: I wanna say RIM but they don't have 'Touch' so..LG. (Just because the iPhone gets too much praise for being awesome. )

Best Overall (in my own opinion) has been RIM. I've heard a couple horror stories, but just about everyone around me has had one for the last couple years, and since I joined this Titanic sized bandwagon, I've enjoyed every second on it. They've got strong phones (a lot of my buddies use them on construction sites and stuff, amidst drops and scrapes, no real lasting damage), a fun OS (for the hack-inclined) and are generally a trusted Brand. Plus they're from Canada, so you can't go wrong.

EDIT: I used to have a couple Nokia's (I can't remember specific models..one was a black plastic and silver flip phone.) And I don't recall it ever exploding.

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tex-mex
    I agree with the battery life on sonys.... The OS just bored me though....same on all the non-touchscreen phones....
    Fave SE at the mo...the w995...the w910 was good but the w995...wow blows it out of the water....the 890i was good but bascially a candybar version of the w910....

Device(s)
    Samsung GT-S3310, Samsung SGH-E250
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score

Thanks for your time guys. Keep voting...

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    1. Nokia
    2. Samsung
    3. LG
    The 3rd place is a little iffy though.

Device(s)
    htc Evo 4G, Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    sprint/nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks
    Samsung build quality leaves a lot to be desired.........
    werd. i think WORST would BEST describe Samsung. Motorola's yrs of experience and track record speaks for itself. better ingredients, better phone/pizza.
    I'M BAAACK.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bong
    NOooooo. Do NOT drop a Samsung.....Not even once..
    LoL, I have dropped my old Samsung Gleam plus thrown it across the room, on occasion and it held up for 2 years.

I have had 3 LG phones (Chocolate 3, enV Touch and enV 3), a Motorola, Audiovox, Kyocera, Casio, Nokia, and Samsung (Gleam and Rogue) and out of those 3... i'd say the Samsung was best in many ways. I had issues with my LGs being too slow for my liking. I'd say LG would come in second out of all of them.

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Samsung usually in here are given high marks from the build quality.

Problem i got with the two koreans is the looks of the devices and the UI. Hardware is great thought. Especially with the late Samsung phones.
    Phone makers i tend to look my next phone first would be Samsung/Nokia
    Second bunch would be Apple/SE

Best for Messaging: RIM. Haven't ever even hold one in my hands, but if the hype is so strong i guess i have to believe it
    Best Built Quality: Nokia and Samsung
    Best Camera Phones: Samsung and maybe SE
    Best simple OS: Nokia, SE
    Best Smartphone OS: OSX, got good feeling about Maemo, but we will see.
    Best Looking Phones: Definitely Nokia and Apple here
    Best Music Phones: Nokia and Samsung(i don't know where this image have come for SE. They where great in music phones 3-4 years ago, but have had hard time even putting 3.5 jack to their walkman phones and are being out sold easily by Samsung and Nokias xpressmusic series now days)
    Best Touchscreen Phones: Apple. Would be tempted to put N900 here, but too early yet for that. Samsung again could be here for the HW, but for me there's still the UI problem. HTC being one more really close, but not just there.
    Last edited by Topy; 09-11-2009 at 04:50 AM.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 / Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Hey guys, i think Samsung is the best mobile phone manufacturer. Just think about their improvements since 2007. What do you think?

For me this thread is too subjective based on people's YMMV experiences.

2nd the criteria of best could be "build quality" vs "features" especially since some people don't actually buy a phone for being what it is first and foremost "A Phone"

My own personal favs would be Motorola and Nokia.

US sales show very strong support for the iPhone but I think the phone is a POS after using it.

Once again way too subjective of a thread with too little criteria to base off of.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I have owned Moto's, LG's, Samsungs and Nokia, they have all had their strong points. The only problem I have had with any of these was with the Samsung, which led me to LG phones. Being on the Verizon network, I think LG makes the best non-smart phones for this carrier....Now that being said - If and when the iPhone comes to Verizon....... we will have the BEST phone on the BEST network. Bye Bye ATT.
    iPhone 6 plus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast