Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GPS software

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score

GPS software

anyone know of any new GPS software out there for Sony Ericsson (debranded) java phones?

besides Amaze, Wayfinder, and Nav4all

I am on AT&T, and the only GPS app I can buy is Wayfinder since my phone is debranded. I wish Garmin, Mapquest or Tom Tom would support this phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Amaze is probably the best GPS software out there, and it's free.

there's also one called we-travel, but you have to generate your own maps and store them on the phone, so it's quite cumbersome.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pakraider
    Amaze is probably the best GPS software out there, and it's free.

there's also one called we-travel, but you have to generate your own maps and store them on the phone, so it's quite cumbersome.
    yea.. Amaze is great for a free app, but the maps kind of suck, and they are outdated.

Wayfinder is a much more polished app, but its not free of course.
    I wish Garmin or Tom Tom support this phone.. or even Telenav (outside of AT&T Navigator)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    The Java version of Telenav should work on unbranded SE... because they do show it as being supported on the TM506, so that means other recent A2 phones at least should work too.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    The Java version of Telenav should work on unbranded SE... because they do show it as being supported on the TM506, so that means other recent A2 phones at least should work too.
    how do you get the java version of Telenav if your phone is not listed?
    i have a SE W760, and Telenav only supports running AT&T navigator (on AT&T Branded Phone) for this phone, as far as i know..

If you know something else, i'd love to hear it

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    just go to their website (telenav.com) and click on the free trial and choose a similar SE phone as your model.. (like T-Mobile, Sony Ericsson,and TM506). Since both W760 and TM506 are similar in the sense that they are A2 phones with the same Java features for GPS etc., the app for the TM506 should work for W760 as well.

since you can get a free trial, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    just go to their website (telenav.com) and click on the free trial and choose a similar SE phone as your model.. (like T-Mobile, Sony Ericsson,and TM506). Since both W760 and TM506 are similar in the sense that they are A2 phones with the same Java features for GPS etc., the app for the TM506 should work for W760 as well.

since you can get a free trial, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
    hmm.. so even if i am on AT&T, selecting T-Mobile on the Telenav site will still work?

I didnt think it would as they want you to go through your carrier to get the software, and since my phone is debranded, this wont work , as far as i know

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, the free GPS softwares require you to store the maps on your memory card, thus also eliminating the need of a data plan.
    Fido Lines

$25 Standard Plan
    $30 6GB Data
    --------
    $39 Smart Plan with 600MB Data
    --------
    $19 Standard Plan

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooey
    hmm.. so even if i am on AT&T, selecting T-Mobile on the Telenav site will still work?

I didnt think it would as they want you to go through your carrier to get the software, and since my phone is debranded, this wont work , as far as i know
    I think they only have those dropdowns to make it easier for the user (they just pick carrier and find their phone)

since it works on many other SE handsets, it should work just fine on the W760.

just give it a try.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    I think they only have those dropdowns to make it easier for the user (they just pick carrier and find their phone)

since it works on many other SE handsets, it should work just fine on the W760.

just give it a try.
    as I thought, this will not work.. Once i picked T-Mobile, and the TM506 as my phone, they direct you to purchase Telenav via you mobile service provider.

To get the TeleNav plan, please fill out the form below. We will display the instructions on how you can purchase TeleNav service from your carrier

thanks anyway though

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I have used Mobile GMaps, mgmaps.com, on my unbranded W580 with a bluetooth Holux GPS puck. It is free, it works with online maps or stored maps. You select the online maps you want to use, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth), Ask.com or Open Street Maps.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    yep, mobile gmaps is a good option, but it's not useful for navigation since it doesn't offer voice prompts.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    i see AmazeGPS in no longer free

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooey
    i see AmazeGPS in no longer free
    nooo
    FPC Bench is a great apps to test and stress the performance of your phone.
    Here you can found a result database to compare your phones performance with others. If you want you can post your result Here

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    yea.. it sux.. and the Amaze team has completely removed their forums, which is really a slap in the face to everyone who posted there providing feedback to them, and waiting for answers to questions.

The amaze team really disappointed me.
    They basically used the public to beta test the app for them, claiming that v5.0 would be free, and it turns out they lied to us, and shut down their forum before anyone could call them liars.

Its cool for a free app, but not a reliable GPS solution if you have to pay for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast