Thread: Backup Assistant

Device(s)
    XV6900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Backup Assistant

Backup Assistant only backs up 22 of my over 100 contacts... which is a problem because my phone doesn't work too well. I have the Chocolate 2 (VX8550) and it hasn't worked for awhile. Also, it tells me that there is an update in which I must uninstall and redownload... when I do this, it says the same thing.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was having a similar problem on my vx-9900 for months. It just stopped working. So the other day I got a new phone, installed Backup Assistant on it, and found that my contacts had LOTS of someone else's contacts mixed in with them! I started another thread on the subject asking if anyone else had heard of this, but no replies so far. So I don't have an answer for you except beware...and I think that if the same thing happens to you, you should make a big stink with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Seems like at least the LG VX8550 Backup Assistant has developed some issues a while back where some contacts would get deleted and then be loaded multiple times. There was an update that came out actually back around May that fixed the issue--basically a newer version of Backup Assistant. However, if you download/install Backup Assistant now it still gets the older version with the problem, and even if you check for updates or uninstall and reinstall you still get that problematic older version. And, yes, even the application itself tells you there should be a newer version that you should download and use.

It's all kind of odd--what happened with that newer version that fixed the issue and worked just fine? Why is the older one even telling you to upgrade (meaning there are known issues with it) yet there's no newer version to upgrade to now?

Feedback Score
    Looks like the updated version of Backup Assistant for the LG VX8550 Chocolate 2 is back in Get It Now, so it should all be back to working fine.

Device(s)
    Droid X (2.2 rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon®, Great provider if you can flash your phone;<)
    Feedback Score
    Had to do a restore phone action to fix some problems with my Alias2 today.

Downloaded backup assistant.... and once contacts downloaded.... it mixed several of them up

Fortunately.... the Alias2 has a feature where you can also back up contacts to the transflash card. So... erased the phonebook and restored them from the transflash card.

Also... once phone had contacts back on it... I turned around and erased all the contacts on line at verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and resynced them.

Works fine now.

Seems like they have rewritten the program. and changed some things.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabmorgan View Post
    Just updated to 2.2. All seems fine.

also.... for you root users.... one touch 2.2 root/unroot is here. (It does work.... I have rooted 2.2 via this method.)

http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tab...9209&#post9209