Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Im not happy, I think Im leaving TMo..

Device(s)
    m600i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Im not happy, I think Im leaving TMo..

Well Ive been with TMo about 6 years now, and they havent been impressing me enough to stay.

The only thing that I like about them are the SIDEKICK line they have, but I think Ive out grown that, plus, theyre HUGE! Too bulky 4 me. But still a great all around cell.

Yes, they have tons of minutes on their rate plans, but I dont go anywhere over 600-ish minutes. Its all texting. So my major complaint is that they dont carry a large or GOOD selection of phones! Verizon comes out with some great cells every few months, so does Sprint, and AT&T is the best! They come out with 3-5 phones out at a time! ALL I WANT 2! TMo comes out with MAAAAYBE one a year I like, that usually being the NEW Sidekick The reception is pretty good with TMo, like most there are deadzones, I cant do anything about those. But I think Im gunna move to AT&T, Id still be able to use my M600i, or any other unlocked cell without a problem. Ill most likely be getting the Samsung Impression, it has what I want (minus the wifi).

Is there any GOOD reason to stay right now? Is there CONFIRMATION of a new cell coming out FOR TMOBILE SOON! By SOON I mean... by the end of August, maybe mid Sept? Sumthing with, touchscreen, AIM, wifi, qwerty, 2.0 camera (3.0 preferably), mp3 player is ok 2..?? Anything with these features out there?? Please let me know.

Adios,
    David

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Touch Pro 2 is coming in August.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    You should check out www.tmonews.com - they have some ''phone roadmaps'' for T-Mobile releases; and some newer articles on upcoming phone launches.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    MyTouch 3G Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to see you go.

Also if other carriers are coming out with more phones each month, how many times are you planning on buying in a year then?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree that Tmobile not having the best phones but I think they are actually getting better. A lot better. They were the first to get blackberry curve 8900 and Google phones not to mention the new HTC Touch Pro 2 coming out.

However, I think the price is always their strongest point. You simply cannot compare tmoble's plans and prices with anyone. I've tried different carriers and bought new phones but I ended up coming back to tmobile at the end.
    eBay (203-0-0) & Heatware (70-0-0) under IQJUMPuw.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    See ya but just rememeber - The grass is not alway greener. Sometimes its just spray paint.
    United States of America 1776 - 2001 RIP

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 w/ MotoBlur Rom
    Carrier(s)
    "T", Boost
    Feedback Score
    T-Mo might not have the greatest selection, but at least the phones are not crippled to the point that they aren't enjoyable. Plus they are coming out with some pretty cool phones in the next month. The MyTouch 3G and the HTC Touch Pro 2 are the big ones. Just remember, AT&T is called the Deathstar for a reason.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The thing is, you can always unlock a phone, but if the service or network is bad, you are stuck for two years. AT&T is known to be way overloaded in some large cities (like LA) and have fun with that. T-Mobile is very supportive of unlocked phones, so I guess I dont see why anyone would switch because they dont like T-Mobile's phone selection.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 w/ MotoBlur Rom
    Carrier(s)
    "T", Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny
    The thing is, you can always unlock a phone, but if the service or network is bad, you are stuck for two years. AT&T is known to be way overloaded in some large cities (like LA) and have fun with that. T-Mobile is very supportive of unlocked phones, so I guess I dont see why anyone would switch because they dont like T-Mobile's phone selection.

That is a very good point. I just remembered that T-Mobile even has the mobile phone configurator for unlocked Non-Tmo phones. I used that to set up mms and wap on my 903SH, 802T, 902T, SE K750i, and Pantech Duo.

Device(s)
    TP5200
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Are policies changing at T Mo? Need a sanity check as well.....

Background: been w T mo about 6 years as well, monthly bill around $200 - NEVER late, been out of contract 5 of the six years. We moved 3 years ago, while we have never had solid at home service, T Mo's CS, International coverage, and local coverage more than made up for the fact we had to go outside to make a wireless call (I mean we have a LAN line after all for home use, right?). Last year with the announcement of UMA calling, I bought my wife a UMA handset (Sam T339) from the local T Mo (company) store - full retail, $170 out the door - as her job requires 24/7 wireless access.

The phone never really worked correctly, but with the lack of foliage there was enough RF to fall back on. Fast forward to spring, the phone drops calls repeatedly on the UMA side and now with the with heavy foliage there is no RF to fall back on. We have just completed our three handset exchanges w TMo - the next handset on the exchange list is a non UMA device. UMA on Nokia and Samsung is NOT ready for prime time.

T Mo just offered us an 8220 (RIM seems to have figured out the UMA thing) for $79 w a 2 year contract renewal. This is the SAME deal ANY subscriber in good standing, with no upgrades in the last 12 months is offered. I asked if there would be any consideration for the $170 I spent 6 months ago and the countless frustration experienced with the 3 phone musical chairs game we have been playing since May. Very nicely they said..... no.

What am I missing? AT&T (whose 850 mhz signal rocks all the way to our basement) will offer us a month to month plan - we supply our own hardware.

I feel that I am not getting a fair shake from T Mo - this is the first time I have ever felt this way.....is it me? Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    /\/\ - I had this issue with T-mobile about a year ago. They came out and did some tower re-alignment in my area. Since a fairly good sized town got dismal service; so they ''pointed'' the power towards our town - not only did T-Mobile service improve in my town but also on the nearby free-way.

They also provided us with [email protected] phone (Samsung Katalyst) and the [email protected] Unlimited Minutes add-on for no additional cost. So now even if we don't have cellular service we can just use UMA - but as you have mentioned the UMA doesn't seem to work for you (sorry to hear that; it really is a nice service if/when it works). So they seemed to work out a deal that suited us very nicely. I was glad of this since we don't have at&t or Verizon in our town - the only alternative to T-Mobile is Sprint (or Nextel)...

But one provider definitely does not work for everyone! So, if at&t works better for you then do that w/ the no-contract option! You can always come back to T-Mobile if you want - since you won't be in an at&t contract...

East Flatbush, Brooklyn/ Hampton, Georgia
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t (I can't wait to switch back to Tmo)
    Feedback Score
    unlock your fav AT&T phone and bring it to Tmobz
    hofo
    /eBay

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IQJUMPuw
    However, I think the price is always their strongest point. You simply cannot compare tmoble's plans and prices with anyone.
    This isn't anything I currently need nor am I keen to Family Plans, however; anyone can sign up with 25% credit union discount w/Sprint just click "Shop Sprint". LINK

I signed up for 4G/3G data plan and I do not belong to that Credit Union. All I did was shop through that link as a new customer.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538668

Alliant thread

Are these good deals?

Some I found there:

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never switch carriers for a device. Especially if it's between AT&T and T-Mobile. I went to AT&T because everything I wanted to do with my T-Mobile plan required an extension of the contract without getting a device discount. I don't know if things are still the same but I hated it so bad. If you're happy with your current coverage don't switch either, because the new carrier might not get service where you want it. I don't think I could go back to TMo because of the lack of 3G and I'm a huge data user but they did have pretty good coverage where I lived. If phone subsidy is a big deal see if you can work out a trade. You upgrade your TMo account and trade the device with someone from AT&T on their upgrade. AT&T is for me but looking at your use you may be spending more per month for a plan that works for you on AT&T.

BTW... the Impression is a pretty sweet phone. I've been using it for a while. It lacks a few of the smart phone features I like (sync to outlook, direct push email), besides that it's a fun phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    If you're not happy leave. Did you expect us all to beg you not to go? It's more than simple. Find what you want and go with that. What's so difficult about that?
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast