Thread: Transferring games/ringtones after upgrade with My Media Retrieval, is it really free

Device(s)
    Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Transferring games/ringtones after upgrade with My Media Retrieval, is it really free

After my nephew threw my phone into the pool this weekend, I had to use my upgrade

The rep told me about this new program through my account, called My Media Retrieval. I was actually able to transfer all my games and ringtones to my new device through the website. I just selected the games and tones that I wanted to transfer, and then boom...messages with my old ringtones start showing up. For the games, I did have to into getitnow and re-download.

My only complaint is that the ringtones had a bunch of numbers, instead of the song name. But whatever, no biggie.

I'm starting to get paranoid tho, the bill hasn't come and I'm not in the mood for a surprise. Has anyone else used this service, and can you confirm that you were not charged? I really hope its not too good to be true.

In the meantime, all I can say until the bill comes, is "what took so long?"

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...edia+Retrieval

It's actually not (or at least not supposed to be) for upgrades, but for things like replacements (through warranty or insurance, for example).

Device(s)
    Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well if it is not supposed to work on upgrades, it looks like they have another "glitch" :-) I got the bill and none of my games were charged, score!

Device(s)
    Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Correction

So the re-downloads were too close to my bill cycle. It turns out that they weren't free, everything was billed the following month. I called care, to try to convince them to credit it...no dice.

Thanks for the link tho, it definetly had me slightly less pissed off when the charges came.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihate_Icrap
    So the re-downloads were too close to my bill cycle. It turns out that they weren't free, everything was billed the following month. I called care, to try to convince them to credit it...no dice.

Thanks for the link tho, it definetly had me slightly less pissed off when the charges came.
    If they really shouldn't have charged you, you can try calling again until you speak with someone actually knowledgeable/helpful and see what they can do.