Thread: Unlocking an Orange device,Possible?

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia HD i8910 16GB(DDIG3)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone IN,
    Feedback Score

Unlocking an Orange device,Possible?

As you can see I live in INDIA. I wanted to buy the Samsung Omnia HD/i8910 but it's not available here. One of my friend just returned from UK,and he brought a Omnia HD(8GB),but that's an Orange one. He said he has done Software Unlocking and now the phone is working with all SIM cards. He is selling it for 31500 INR(640$),where he purchased it with 440 pounds,and he is not providing any bill,coz it's bought in UK and no Warranty will be available over here. Now,beside he is my friend,I don't know it is possible or not to UNLOCK a Orange branded device with a software or so. Please tell me it is possible or not? Only after positive comments from you guys I'll think about buying it.
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    of course it is. it's possible to unlock phones from all networks, but 3(ie the network) tend to be somewhat more troublesome

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone IN,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeminiIII
    of course it is. it's possible to unlock phones from all networks, but 3(ie the network) tend to be somewhat more troublesome
    Then what should I do? Buy it or not.

Device(s)
    2 cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ithehappy
    Then what should I do? Buy it or not.
    I think the choice is yours, But if you are going to buy it insert your sim card in the new phone to make sure everything works to your satisfaction.
    MY FEEDBACKS

"To know the true reality of yourself, you must be aware not only of your conscious thoughts, but also of your unconscious prejudices, bias and habits."

http://crocket.myminicity.com/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    orange phones should be unlockable, you cud contact if you want to buy an unlock code from them

Check out my buyer/seller feedback: My HoFo Feedback

Proud AT&T customer with a grandfathered plan!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent22
    orange phones should be unlockable, you cud contact if you want to buy an unlock code from them
    Unlike American providers who give out unlock codes easily, European providers will only give out codes if your out of your contract and Orange charges £20

If you have a orange sim card and are out of contract,
    ,register imei with sim by calling 08000790006 from the UK, wait for phone to activate,call orange on 450,Request unlock code, upload £20 to prepaid balance and Wait few days for code

You should make sure the phone is unlocked by putting in your SIM card before forking over the cash

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc0
    Unlike American providers who give out unlock codes easily, European providers will only give out codes if your out of your contract
    not strictly true... many providers will unlock the phone after you've been with them for a few months- as long as you don''t owe them money. However they will probably charge an administration fee (arround the £20ish mark in the UK)
    You'd have thought someone would of put a sig here...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unlike American providers who give out unlock codes easily, European providers will only give out codes if your out of your contract and Orange charges £20

If you have a orange sim card and are out of contract,
    ,register imei with sim by calling 08000790006 from the UK, wait for phone to activate,call orange on 450,Request unlock code, upload £20 to prepaid balance and Wait few days for code

You should make sure the phone is unlocked by putting in your SIM card before forking over the cash
    yeah i bought a vodafone unlock code before for 20 pounds

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone IN,
    Feedback Score
    http://cgi.ebay.in/SAMSUNG-i8910-OMNIA-HD-WARRENTY-JUST-4-Rs-31001_W0QQitemZ390070708590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZIN_M obile_Phones?hash=item5ad206a96e&_trksid=p3286.c0. m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A1|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A2 5
    That's a link of Ebay India for an Omnia HD. Can you guys please check the link and tell me if it's real or not.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    he has good feedback but not enough i would caution dealing with sellers with low positive feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone IN,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks,but he has joined just two moths,maybe that's a point to consider. Is there any possibilities of a FAKE item? Actually I don't have any ebay experience,this is my first time deal on ebay.

Feedback Score
    that's not quite right. customers have a right to have the phone unlocked. because of that, it is not necessary to be out of contract. i could ask to have mine unlocked tomorrow if i wanted to