Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: THE official Boost CDMA issues thread

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

THE official Boost CDMA issues thread

Let's post any problems that we are having with sprint phones on Boost Mobile CDMA services here. I think we can refer back to this thread and cut down the private messages we are getting from other users on the forum, if we post all the issues and fixes here. So if you got any settings or have any known issues please post here so we all can refer back to this thread. Any fixes or ways to help resolve issues also, please post them, Thank You...
    Tha Beat Bully

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I will be the first to post an issue. I have a Palm Treo 800W. I can't get the internet to work, it says: The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings. Then I get an error 1012 vision is incomplete. Do I need a password in my settings to connect or what do I need to do?

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    is it a sprint phone? if OTA doesn't work then i don't know what to tell you. try *2 or *228 and see if those work.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakee20
    I will be the first to post an issue. I have a Palm Treo 800W. I can't get the internet to work, it says: The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings. Then I get an error 1012 vision is incomplete. Do I need a password in my settings to connect or what do I need to do?
    I've got the same problem. The Treo 800W is a Sprint phone. Text and voice work. Hopefully someone has fix for the problem.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    check the cricket forums, they have some advanced treo users there. you will need your wap username/password off another phone though if you have it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakee20

i have htc diamond and my friend has htc pro( of course on boost cdma). my friend's touch couldn't get online(saying the same message you mentioned). so we compared the settings one by one. after spending like one hour on settings menu, we find out that there was only one difference. and his internet worked after the fix. again, we have htc, not palm. but give it a try. Go to setting>connections>advanced>dialing rules. On the Dialing rules menu, make sure to uncheck the "use dialing rules" box. i hope it works...

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Boost CDMA Problems Post It Here for Trouble Shoot Solutions

Hello Everyone,

I created this thread for "ONE" reason only and that is to have a...

EZ'er way to view and ask direct questions and get direct resolutions for Boost CDMA technical problems only

(Hopefully without alot of the fluff talk inbetween).

So to keep this user friendly, please Title postings to your questions or resolutions so everyone else reading can reference too later if needed.
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Problem: Sprint TV Not Working

I have a error message that reads:

Generic error in legacy Servlet NAI is not valid or incorrect X-WAP Profile (9056)

How do I get this to work on my HTC Touch Pro?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulgasaris
    i have htc diamond and my friend has htc pro( of course on boost cdma). my friend's touch couldn't get online(saying the same message you mentioned). so we compared the settings one by one. after spending like one hour on settings menu, we find out that there was only one difference. and his internet worked after the fix. again, we have htc, not palm. but give it a try. Go to setting>connections>advanced>dialing rules. On the Dialing rules menu, make sure to uncheck the "use dialing rules" box. i hope it works...
    Bulgasaris...would you mind sending me a pm with your #3282# settings. I know my msl and I can edit everything except the home/primary/secondary addresses are grayed out and can't be edited. Right now everything is blank or zeros, but I know my username...so I put that in.

I checked mine and my dialing rules are unchecked but I sill cannot connect. I had internet for an hour or two, but then it stopped working and won't even connect now. Of course I was installing programs and flashing new custom roms...so I don't know if this did anything.

If anyone else can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks

Device(s)
    Sprint Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Some Answers

Okay this is the fix nice and simple
    If your PPC's ESN is the same ESN thats you gave BOOST
    FLASH TO SPRINT SHIPPED ROM
    THIS IS KEY BECAUSE MOST NEW ROMS DO NOT INCLUDE ## CODES OR IOTA
    then all that needs to be done is that you need to get BAFMSL, install
    hit the retrieve msl/spc button and write that number down!!!
    then all you do is hit ##786# and it will show you a menu call Reverse logistics
    Then go to menu i believe and hit reset
    Its gonna ask for your MSL/SPC and you input the number you got from BAFMSL there

Then once youre phone has rebooted and you run the setup again
    all you hae to do is open up your Web Browser and IOTA will kick in and provision the internet on your phone

Its that simple

FOR ALL OTHERS (NOT BB)

This is much easier with other CDMA phones
    all you do is hit ##3282 SEND or ##3282# SEND or just ##3282#

(ONE OF THESE WILL WORK ON YOUR DEVICE)
    and go down to Restore
    Its gonna ask for your MSL
    This is the tricky part
    You need the MSL/SPC of your phone and if you dont know it i suggest taking a look around the cricket forum of HOFO or Mobile-files all around
    But once you input the SPC/MSL it will erase all previous entries and then just open up the browser and it will IOTA

FOR THE GUY WITH SPRINT TV PROBLEM
    Basically its this easy, its not gonna work
    ive had success working with sprint navigation but thats it
    so dont get your hopes up

mod edited
    Last edited by martin_j001; 08-13-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Feedback Score
    Hey, thanks so much for the help. I almost flashed back to the stock ROM figuring this would help fix the problem, but I ended up A-ok because I found cabs for the missing "update profile" cab that other sprint users were missing from there fancy new ROMS too ;p Sooo long story short im up and running and loving all the craziness this tpro is giving me. in three days ive flashed 4 custom roms and installed the same damn apps but ive finally found my favorites (for now).

thanks again for ur help...this is being sent from my tpro of course

Feedback Score
    i should also say that i installed the cabs for iota and prl sooo for now i seem to be good...gnite

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Anyone activating palms here lately having trouble with the internet?

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Chessman
    I have a error message that reads:

Generic error in legacy Servlet NAI is not valid or incorrect X-WAP Profile (9056)

How do I get this to work on my HTC Touch Pro?

thanks
    SOLUTION: Do a hard reset on your phone. This worked for my HTC Touch Pro, Gud Luck!

Device(s)
    i856w | Boost ULTD
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully this question would fall under this topic. I just recently purchased a CDMA krzr for 5 dollars. An elderly guy just getting rid of the phone. It was flashed over to metro pcs by his son.

Now my question is, would I be able to use this phone on boost CDMA again, or is it stuck on metro's network?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast