Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Blackberry 9630 Tour Launch thread - Reviews, Tips and tricks post here

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

The Connect store in Richmond Centre just got them in. I was going to pick it up but they want to charge a $60 activation fee on a 3 year renewal. $35 in store and $25 on my TELUS bill. I told them I'll activate it myself and she can take an easy 3 year renewal or leave it. She wouldn't budge so piss on it. I'm not paying $60 to commit to another 3 years. I'll wait an extra day or so and see what sort of fees Future Shop has.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 07-14-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Tracking info says it was delivered to my house at noon! Woot woot, can't wait to get home tonight!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I tried to pick one up at a corporate store today. They had stock, but couldn't redeem my renewal offer - system didn't want to match the phone to the offer (or something like this?)

I was told I have to wait until the 16th. Anyone else have this problem?

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seann
    I tried to pick one up at a corporate store today. They had stock, but couldn't redeem my renewal offer - system didn't want to match the phone to the offer (or something like this?)

I was told I have to wait until the 16th. Anyone else have this problem?

lol i was just about to post this same issue. my friend first was told by square one they wont sell it unless its a new activation (they are not allowed to do this) then retention said the same thing. but how are all these people picking up the tour. i know they are not all no contract or new activations

EDIT: when i say same thing i mean same thing as u above that phone is not redeemable yet

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I just got mine from futureshop with no problems. having the data transferred over from my storm as i type. it looks damn sexy

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    To those who have it, can you install Google Maps, walk outside, and see if it picks up your gps location???

Device(s)
    BB Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    To those still looking in the mississuaga / GTA area the FS at heartland (mavis and britannia) still had a bunch of them left... i creeped through the glass case lol.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

The Connect store in Richmond Centre just got them in. I was going to pick it up but they want to charge a $60 activation fee on a 3 year renewal. $35 in store and $25 on my TELUS bill. I told them I'll activate it myself and she can take an easy 3 year renewal or leave it. She wouldn't budge so piss on it. I'm not paying $60 to commit to another 3 years. I'll wait an extra day or so and see what sort of fees Future Shop has.
    haha good for you for sticking it to them.

Two things:

1) Most activation fees, at least from my experience, the stores make you pay it, but then if you call in, and say that you were told you didn't have to pay it, and they should just add that fee as a credit to your next montly bill. They did this to me last time. I was forced to pay in store, and the store reps said to call in and have them waive it, but that they HAD to charge me the $25 activation fee.

2) Question: Are we even able to activate phones on our own? Maybe it's just me, but I hate the fact that telus reps get to open my box, turn my phone on and set it up with their grubby fingers lol.....I'd like to do it on my own.....is there no way for me to activate it myself? In the past I've been told that they had to do it in store to program my phone. But i'm pretty sure the website has programming instructions online?.....can someone clarify this?

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    those of u getting it at bb or fs are u resigning a 3 year?

Device(s)
    Xperia Arc, iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    yes, resigned a 3 year under a repair offer. Wasn't charged any activation fees either.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SwiZz

haha good for you for sticking it to them.

Two things:

1) Most activation fees, at least from my experience, the stores make you pay it, but then if you call in, and say that you were told you didn't have to pay it, and they should just add that fee as a credit to your next montly bill. They did this to me last time. I was forced to pay in store, and the store reps said to call in and have them waive it, but that they HAD to charge me the $25 activation fee.

2) Question: Are we even able to activate phones on our own? Maybe it's just me, but I hate the fact that telus reps get to open my box, turn my phone on and set it up with their grubby fingers lol.....I'd like to do it on my own.....is there no way for me to activate it myself? In the past I've been told that they had to do it in store to program my phone. But i'm pretty sure the website has programming instructions online?.....can someone clarify this?
    When I called L&R about my offer they were pretty clear on the fact that they don't reverse activation fees anymore because it's the dealer who charges it, not TELUS. In my situation it sounds like they wanted to charge me a $35 activation fee which would normally cover the ESN swap, but in this case it doesn't. I'm assuming the $25 fee TELUS charges is for the ESN swap. That's the point of the activation fee isn't it? It's supposed to pay the ESN swap fee and compensate the dealer for their time right!? She wants to pocket that whole fee I'm sure. As if she isn't getting a nice chunk of change off a 3 year data renewal anyway.

As for activating yourself, it's easy to do. *22803 from your phone and an ESN swap on mytelusmobility.com. I don't think most dealers let you when your signing a contract as they probably want to ensure it gets activated so they get their commission. I'm not positive though.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 07-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    lol i was just about to post this same issue. my friend first was told by square one they wont sell it unless its a new activation (they are not allowed to do this) then retention said the same thing. but how are all these people picking up the tour. i know they are not all no contract or new activations

EDIT: when i say same thing i mean same thing as u above that phone is not redeemable yet
    Just called Telus Limeridge location and asked them about how some stores don't sell Tour unless it's for a new activation - it is not true. They will sell it as long as you have it activated in the store.

oh and they have the tour in stock :-D

Device(s)
    Xperia Arc, iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VacTacks11
    To those who have it, can you install Google Maps, walk outside, and see if it picks up your gps location???
    Just went outside, and google maps said GPS temporarily available. It was trying to use the gps to locate, but that didnt work. It then went on to give my location within 1500meters. On the plus side, Blackberry Maps works perfectly.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    [SIZE=1]As for activating yourself, it's easy to do. *22803 from your phone and an ESN swap on mytelusmobility.com. I don't think most dealers let you when your signing a contract as they probably want to ensure it gets activated so they get their commission. I'm not positive though.
    Thanks for commenting on the self-activation. I don't want to take the topic off course away from the phone, but yeah I remember when I lost my phone once, I had to switch to my old one and I did it straight through the web, reading the programming instructions.

So if I negotiate a new 3 year contract over the phone with L&R, is there anyway for them to send me the phoen to my house by mail and activate it myself? I would assume no, since I have to go in-store to sign the 3 year agreement?

Device(s)
    BB BOLD 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    yup, i did have issues as reported above...the rep there was on the phone with telus trying to figure it out because it wouldnt let the activation to occur ieven though my offer for a bb tour at the promo price was there

on a side note, bb maps and gps work great...i'm just having problems with the cover...it seems that it gets easily scuffed even though its in the holster that came with it

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast